Customer Service Operations Manager with German
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind, and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
You’ll be an experienced operator, with experience articulating and driving operational excellence for consumer products, consultancy or customer support. You’ll be a highly capable analyst and problem solver, able to find solutions and define problems from raw data. You’ll be a self-starter, able to deal with ambiguity and take responsibility for a significant area of the business with little supervision. You’ll be an effective communicator, capable of managing a range of internal and external stakeholders.
You will report to the Lead Operations Manager Member Support and have the ability to independently own operational areas which to further develop and enhance. You’ll work alongside experienced product professionals and hand-in-hand with data analysts, Member Support, developers and external parties to drive operational excellence and build strong operational practices within the team.
As an Operations Manager, you’ll be:
- Updating and optimising scalable processes, that are clearly defined and documented
- Analysing operational performance, defining appropriate monitoring metrics and understanding the root cause of sub-optimal processes
- Owning and delivering non-technical projects, including cross-functional and across various business units
- Working with the Lead Operations Manager Member Support on functional strategy and planning
- Dealing with daily escalations on product performance
What makes you a great fit:
- C1 or above level of German language proficiency
- B2 or above level of English language proficiency
- You have 4+ years’ experience in a fast-paced environment, with at least 2 driving operational excellence for consumer products, as an Operations manager, Operations supervisor or similar
- You are organised, systematic and able to manage team members whilst delivering on multiple pieces of work at the same time
- You enjoy working with data and are fluent in business analytical tools: Excel, SQL and Looker; and have a good understanding of RESTful APIs and web services
- You are logical, and see data as a crucial part of decision-making, but know when to stop analysing and start acting
- You are resilient, willing to spend the time it takes to discover where a problem lies and not stop until it's solved
- You are okay with ambiguity, and enjoy working in a complex, technical industry
- You’re a capable communicator: able to get into the details troubleshooting an issue with a technical team one moment, and communicating your work to senior audiences in another
- You will have graduated with a STEM/Economics/Finance degree; previous experience in an analytical role (Consulting, Banking) is advantageous
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy, our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.