Department: People & Culture
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As People Manager at Tide, you will manage a team of engineers using your knowledge of coaching techniques, servant leadership and facilitation to maximise the potential of the Tideans you work with. You will confidently handle difficult situations and have great conflict resolution skills, consistently supporting the performance and development of your team. You’ll also have the ability to maintain and create strong working relationships at all levels, and will confidently dive into new projects across the organisation. You’ll have a deep understanding on how to support the technical and career development of the engineers as well as the wider teams they collaborate with. Emotionally intelligent and empathetic, you’ll efficiently lead on the engagement, productivity, development and growth of the engineers whilst actively supporting other leaders. You’ll also consistently strive to be a great leader providing industry standard behaviour and have a great drive to continuously improve your own skills.
The technical teams at Tide are organised into Dojos that promote learning, development and technical expertise. We are autonomous and cross-functional, using data to drive solutions for product and engineering challenges. We are curious and empathetic about our Tide members, we work as one team to accomplish our goals, and take pride in the quality of our work.
As a People Manager you’ll be:
- Managing and leading engineers, actively guiding their employment life cycle, starting from hiring, onboarding all the way through to off-boarding. Providing constructive feedback and supporting their career development through coaching and setting expectations/goals.
- Collaborating on multiple projects including the implementation and iterations of the growth frameworks in each dojo and supporting the development plans of your teams and how they fit together.
- Collaborating with other People Managers across multiple locations to enable consistency at a global scale.
- Providing constructive feedback to all levels within the organisation.
- Living the data driven value by using analytics and trained instincts to anticipate people issues, opportunities and drive solutions.
- Facilitating conflict management and collaborating with the People & Culture team operations for compliance and support business wide initiatives.
- Supervising managerial operations including leave, expense and l&d budget approvals, first point of contact for queries, team building, wellbeing initiatives, events, sessions and meet-ups.
- Collaborating with the functional heads of departments, through regular meetings and discussions related to the engineers’ performance and development.
- Leading on and participating in projects that will support the Engineering team, such as engagement initiatives, external branding, performance review processes and more.
What makes you a great fit:
- Having at least 4 years of experience managing people, or as a consultant.
- You have a high level of empathy and great communication skills.
- You are good with people and you love to manage, coach and support people.
- You are a team player who is able to cooperate with other stakeholders influencing the development of your team members.
- You have an excellent grasp of agile and lean methodologies and like to get things done.
- You live the motto, ‘stop starting, and start finishing.’
- You have worked in a scaled agile engineering organisation before and know what good career paths and career growth look like.
- You may have a background in engineering, agile, leadership or perhaps in a HR role and are able to transfer your experience into a new context.
- You may have a background in coaching and/or organisational psychology.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
- Share options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.