People Partner - Engineering, Product and Design
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior People Partner who will be able to provide best-in-class people experience to our global Engineering, Product and Design teams and partner with our managers and senior stakeholders at Tide. At Tide we are fast-paced and ever-evolving, so you’ll be hands-on and self-motivated, partnering with our key business areas. You’ll be someone who is very familiar with the end-to-end employee life cycle, working on all things people-related with a ‘value add’ and ‘global’ focus.
A people-focused and results-driven individual, you’ll also be able to support our Tideans’ day-to-day needs, advise managers and senior stakeholders as well as being our HR matter expert. Working collaboratively with the wider People Team you will ensure our people are taken care of and are happy, engaged and recognised.
As a Senior People Partner, you’ll be:
- While you will support your ‘local’ business areas, you will need to have a ‘globally focused’ lens to ensure high levels of people experiences for our engineering, product and design teams that are consistent across locations
- Ensure managers are familiar with the support and tools to enable their teams performance, wellbeing and personal development
- Constantly aiming to improve service delivery and customer service by making recommendations and improvements on existing and new policies, processes and procedures
- Be the subject matter expert for employee relation matters and HR compliance
- Working closely with the People Partnering team in other locations on global strategy and execution to ensure consistency of our people experience throughout Tide
- Partnering with managers and senior stakeholders to facilitate the consistent delivery of core processes including bi-annual performance review cycles and calibrations, growth management, engagement survey action plans etc.
- Coaching and advising managers on their team members’ performance and growth objectives, learning and development opportunities and career plans, enabling them to have meaningful performance and growth discussions and formulate action plans
- Acting as an advisor, coach and mentor on the full remit of a variety of employee relations as they arise and using your expertise to help solve issues
- Supporting employee lifecycle management processes such as onboarding, termination, personal data changes and internal transfers
- Advising managers on our processes of non-employees e.g. consultants, contractors temporary workers etc
- Supporting with the roll out of new people initiatives and projects so that we make them as impactful as possible across all non-tech functions
- Being a cultural ambassador, championing our values and making sure they’re part of all of everything we do
- Provide in depth data analysis and reporting solutions based on business needs
What makes you a great fit:
- You have at least 8 years of experience in human resources, preferably in a fast-growing startup environment on a global level
- You have experience working with engineering, product and/or design teams
- You keep up to date on legislative changes and cases that impact precedence or the way we look at employer-employee practices
- You’re CIPD certified or partly certified
- You have great knowledge of local employment legislation
- You have experience managing a team
- You have previous experience working across the whole employee lifecycle including onboarding, performance management, absence management and offboarding
- You have a proven track record of running initiatives and increasing employee engagement
- You’re organised with strong problem-solving, interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- You’re resourceful in your approach to resolving day-to-day HR issues and queries
- You have an eye for detail, and focus on delivery and quality
- You’re team-orientated, with excellent interpersonal skills, down earth and fun to work with
- You have excellent communication skills in English both written and verbal
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-moving company where priorities can change and processes may need to be created from scratch
- You have experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- You have experience helping global organisations scale
- You have demonstrated experience in influencing and strategically solving problems
- You may also have some familiarity with Lattice, BambooHR and Workday
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Additional health and dental insurance
- Fully covered Multisport card
- Food vouchers
- We invest in your development with a 1,000 BGN professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.
Something looks off?