Business Development Specialist
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As a Business Development Executive you’ll be entrepreneurial, target oriented and passionate about helping small businesses. Working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment will excite you along with an interest in the fintech industry and all that we are doing to save small business owners time and money. You’ll be target focused and confident at handling objections to achieve your revenue goals. You’ll also have an excellent telephone manner, will be outgoing and thrive working in a close-knit team. You’ll possess excellent commercial awareness, constantly seeking new opportunities to generate revenue, and will be happy in a field sales role approaching prospects in person. Passion, drive and enthusiasm are a must.
As a Business Development Executive:
- You’ll be calling potential members that have downloaded the Tide app but sometimes, as life gets in the way, they have not signed up. Your job is to chase them.
- You will walk these potential members through our signup process, answer their questions and use your persuasion skills to reassure them that we are the best and convert them into full fledged Tide Members!
- You’ll work with the KYC team to ensure that the members have provided all the correct documentation and will troubleshoot any issues that come their way. For this reason, you’ll need to be technically minded.
- You’ll call our existing members, build rapport with them, understand their businesses and will upsell relevant products or services to help them thrive
- You’ll work cross-functionally with other departments to understand upcoming product launches and ensure that you can pitch these to our members
- You’ll source your own leads that you identify as having potential to generate revenue
- You’ll get to know these leads/prospective members, and how their businesses plan to operate and will recommend relevant products and services to help them thrive. You’ll be entirely comfortable with cold calls, cold emails and cold outreach, and will not need extensive coaching on this.
- You’ll spend time coaching them through the setup process, and will support wherever needed; giving them a 5 star service as you welcome them to Tide
What makes you a great fit;
- Are passionate, driven, have a can do attitude and positive!
- You have excellent written and spoken English language skills
- You have previous customer service or telesales experience
- You’re focused on revenue and can up-sell to our prospective members
- You’re target driven
- You are comfortable with constant change and switching of priorities
- You love to troubleshoot and have a member first mentality
- You’re able to articulate the onboarding requirements depending on the nature of the business efficiently and within a limited time frame.
- You’re a team player and can complete ad-hoc tasks to help the KYC Analyst Team on occasions
- You will be incredibly self-motivated and conscientious, wanting to make a real difference to the business
- You have the ability to be able to listen, learn and adapt to feedback
- You may also have some knowledge of compliance, KYC, AML, and associated regulations
- You may also have previous experience working with a Fintech or digital bank
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for one month of the year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.