Control Testing Analyst with German
Department: Quality Control
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will b
e comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
Аs a Quality Control (QC) Analyst at Tide, you will be a crucial part of our Second Line of Defence. You’ll have a passion for all things risk management and compliance, understanding the importance of controls in mitigating our risk exposure, ensuring we always keep our members and our business safe. You’ll be a keen investigator, diving deep into cases to understand root causes of defects and spotting trends and patterns as you go which you can use for data-driven solutions. Finally, you’ll be a team player supporting our One Team mentality, working closely with your peers, risk owners and our close stakeholders to push a high quality culture.
As a Control Testing Analyst you’ll be:
- You’ll be testing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls being operated by the 1LOD. Educating on what good looks like and the types of controls to implement.
- You will be working in an independent team, conducting these reviews, and reporting regularly to the risk owners, 2nd Line risk leads and preparing content for senior management.
- You have a firm grasp of regulatory requirement which will assist in identifying problem areas and risks associated with current processes, procedures and policies.
- You will assist with risk assessments, gap analysis and action tracking, to adequately support the business with risk management practices as we continue to scale.
- Supporting our European expansion, you’ll be using your strong German language skills to complete proof of concept analysis of potential vendors and outsourced controls, as well as the ongoing monitoring of the selected tools.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have experience working with a 3LOD model, specifically in the 2nd Line of Defence.
- You have experience in Quality Assurance - specifically control adequacy and effectiveness testing.
- You have 3+ years in a Compliance-monitoring/assurance role
- You have experience with risk management practices
- You have the ability to work well as part of a team; decisive; goal-oriented; proactive; able to adapt to different people and styles
- You have a passion for compliance and driving high quality
- You have excellent communication skills, including experience in report writing and the ability to influencing senior leadership through data-driven proposals.
- You have statistical analysis skills and are proficient in MS Excel
- C1 or above level of German language proficiency.
- You have experience in conducting risk assessments and gap analysis reports.
- You have experience with statistics including sampling methodologies, data analysis and impact measurements
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their home country. Additionally, you can work from a different country for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance
- Mental wellbeing platform
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Food vouchers
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- WFH equipment allowance
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.
Something looks off?