Transaction Monitoring Manager
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
As an Transaction Monitoring Manager, you will report to the Head of Transaction Monitoring, managing operational teams dedicated to financial crime prevention. You will be responsible for driving ongoing improvement and management of ongoing risks and controls across the department. Working with the Product and Data teams to constantly improve and evolve our systems, for example refining the transaction monitoring rules to reduce false positives and catch more suspicious activity.
You will have passion and a proven track record for leading operational teams. You will align with Tide’s values of Member-first, One-team and Data-driven and thrive in a fast-moving and growing business. You will be responsible for the success of your different teams of Tideans, getting the best out of everyone around you, and you will work closely with our operations managers and quality assurance analysts to optimise performance.
You will have subject matter expertise in UK Financial Crime regulation, keeping up to date with the ever changing landscape of financial crime risk. You will be able to interpret regulatory requirements and work closely with our product teams and policy and procedures manager to implement and embed relevant changes to ongoing monitoring controls. You will be able to think outside the box when it comes to methods of risk management.
You will also work collaboratively with the Second Line of Defence to embed policy decisions into operational processes. You must be able to challenge policy and process when you believe they are not optimal or fit for purpose. You will support the Head of Ongoing Monitoring and Product Owner with roadmap building and prioritising, based on regulatory requirements and risk to Tide.
As a Transaction Monitoring Manager you’ll be :
- You will be the Transaction Monitoring team’s most senior manager in Hyderabad. Managing a team of up to 50 amazing Team Leads and analysts, and a key part of the management team who are based in both Bulgaria and the UK.
- Directly managing multiple transaction monitoring operational teams, instilling a high performance culture, focused on efficient, and risk appropriate output.
- Driving development across the function through regular 1:1’s, coaching and feedback, using reporting to drive and support in these conversations.
- Ensuring we deliver the highest level of service to our members, whilst balancing this with managing our financial crime risk. This involves implementing and maintaining member-focused and fraud-related SLAs
- Managing, monitoring and overseeing both individual and team KPIs, and service levels across your teams.
- Creating a positive and enjoyable working environment for your team.
- Acting as key representative for transaction monitoring across the business, confident in managing various stakeholders and challenging where required.
- Understanding the impact to your teams of regulatory, policy and product change, and working with our Policy and Procedure Manager to embed such change
- Advising Transaction Monitoring product teams and ensuring that new product build is regulatory and policy compliant
- Feeding into rule performance, considering factors such as true positive rates, SAR volumes, fraud reporting and offboarding.
- Providing support with audits and oversight from banking partners
- Working with 2LoD Compliance to implement new regulatory requirements within Transaction Monitoring
What makes you a great fit:
- You have at least 7+ years of experience into Transaction Monitoring or Risk & Compliance function.
- You have deep knowledge of financial crime regulation and stay abreast of changes to regulations
- You’ve operated at a senior level in a 1st Line of Defence or Risk & Compliance function.
- You have managed large operational teams and have a proven track record of delivery.
- You thrive in a fast paced, challenging and positive working environment.
- You are pragmatic and look to find solutions that balance meeting regulatory and internal policy requirements with providing excellent service to our members and meeting commercial objectives
- You are able to clearly articulate the regulatory, operational and member impacting risks and trade-offs with different process and procedure options
- You can write great, easy-to-read and digestible policies and procedures
- You are used to challenging senior stakeholders and remain robust when challenged yourself
- You have prior experience in business banking in an FCA regulated environment. Experience at a FinTech or technology-driven regulated institution is a bonus!
- You are enthusiastic about providing a great service to our members, whilst balancing this with risk management
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. Plus, you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Stock Options
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.