Director of Transaction Monitoring
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Director of Transaction Monitoring, Investigations & Reporting. You will be leading a key first line of defence (1LOD) operations department, responsible for monitoring all activity of our SME customers’ (‘members’) for the purpose of preventing, detecting and reporting financial crime. The activity of your teams will range from managing dispute processes, reviewing and clearing transaction alerts, conducting financial crime investigations, submitting SARs, and quality control. You will also manage a dedicated product team, responsible for building machine learning models and rules-based engines, automating processes and building back-off tools. For avoidance of doubt, you will not be directly responsible for the KYC or periodic review of members, but will work alongside a separate KYC team.
As a Director of Transaction Monitoring, Investigations & Reporting you will be:
- Leading a growing team of approximately 125 analysts, team leads, managers and leads, spread between India, Bulgaria and the UK.
- Working with the product & data teams and third-party suppliers to improve and evolve our transaction monitoring engines to identify and prevent all forms of financial crime.
- Balancing the need to keep financial crime levels within Tide’s risk appetite, as determined by Tide’s Risk & Compliance Committee, with delivering the highest level of service to our members.
- Constantly looking to make manual processes more efficient and increase automation where possible.
- Working closely with our 2LOD oversight and compliance team to ensure your team is adhering to Tide policies, procedures and risk appetite, quickly able to identify financial crime trends and themes, and amend controls as required.
- Working closely with Talent and People partners and internal expert trainers to ensure we continue to recruit, upskill and retain the very best employees.
You will be a great fit if:
- You have 15+ years of previous experience in the financial industry, including time spent in a fast-moving scale-up business and ideally a Fintech.
- You are passionate about fighting financial crime and have a good understanding of financial crime risks. You are equally passionate about providing great member experience.
- Ideally you also have experience in UK business banking for SMEs in an FCA-regulated environment, including SAR filing, however this is a nice to have, not a must-have.
- You have proven leadership and management experience and can scale teams efficiently and effectively across multiple countries.
- You are data driven and comfortable with OKRs, KPIs, KRIs, SLAs, forecasting, budgeting and planning.
- You are a positive person, with a flexible and creative mind and aim to bring out the best in people around you.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements.
- Competitive salary
- Self & Family Health Insurance
- Term & Life Insurance
- OPD Benefits
- Mental wellbeing through Plumm
- Learning & Development Budget
- WFH Setup allowance
- 15 days of Privilege leaves
- 12 days of Casual leaves
- 12 days of Sick leaves
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Stock Options (If applicable)
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.
Something looks off?