Director of Transaction Monitoring
Who are Tide:
At Tide, we’re on a mission to save businesses time and money. We’re the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing FinTechs in the UK. Using the latest tech, we design solutions with SMEs in mind and our member-driven financial platform is transforming the business banking market. Not only do we offer our members business accounts and related banking services, but also a comprehensive set of highly connected admin tools for businesses.
Tide is about doing what you love. We’re looking for someone to join us on our exciting scale up journey and be a part of something special. We are wanting passionate Tideans to drive innovation and help build a best-in-class platform to support our members. You will be comfortable in ambiguous situations and will be able to navigate the evolving FinTech environment. Imagine shaping how millions of Tide members discover and engage with business banking platforms and building this on a global scale.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Director of Transaction Monitoring (internal title: Ongoing Monitoring) for our UK/Europe Region, reporting to the SVP Member Operations (UK/Europe). You will be leading a key first line of defence (1LOD) operations’ department, responsible for monitoring all activity of our SME customers (‘members’) for the purpose of preventing, detecting and reporting financial crime, including fraud and AML. The activity of your teams will range from managing dispute processes, reviewing transaction alerts, conducting detailed financial crime investigations, submitting SARs & other enforcement documentation, working closely with other financial institutions and overall quality control. You will also manage a dedicated product team, responsible for building machine learning models and rules-based engines, automating processes and building back-office tools. For avoidance of doubt, you will not be directly responsible for the onboarding or periodic review of members, but will work alongside a separate KYC team.
As a Director of Transaction Monitoring you will be:
- Leading a growing team of approximately 175 analysts, team leads, managers and leads, spread between India, Bulgaria and the UK.
- Managing the product & data teams and third-party suppliers to continuously improve our AI Models and policy rules to identify and prevent all forms of financial crime
- Encouraging a continuous learning culture where financial crime typologies are rapidly fed back to update and improve our controls.
- Balancing the need to keep financial crime levels (including fraud) within Tide’s risk appetite, as determined by Tide’s Risk & Compliance Committee, with delivering the highest level of service to our members, especially in the management of blocked accounts, blocked transactions and other controls.
- Accountable for Tide’s fraud rate, including monitoring and reporting (internal and external), and adjusting our risk tolerance as agreed.
- Constantly looking to make manual processes more efficient and increase automation where possible. Working closely with your product team to improve back office and case management tools and processes.
- Managing our relevant reporting and enforcement operations, including liaising with relevant regulators, law enforcement agencies and industry associations.
- Working closely with our 2LOD oversight risk and compliance teams to ensure your team is adhering to Tide policies, procedures and risk appetite, quickly able to identify financial crime trends and themes, and amend controls as required.
- Working closely with Talent and People partners and internal expert trainers to ensure we continue to recruit, upskill and retain the very best employees.
You will be a great fit if:
- As this is a senior role, you have 15+ years of previous experience in the financial industry, including time spent in a fast-moving scale-up business (ideally a Fintech).
- You are passionate about fighting financial crime and have an excellent understanding of financial crime risks for a mass market business, ideally in the SME segment.
- You are equally passionate about providing great member experience.
- Ideally you also have experience in UK business banking in an FCA-and PSR-regulated environment, including SAR filing, however the latter is a nice to have, not a must-have.
- You must be product and technology driven and have had practical experience in working with Product, Data and Engineering to develop state of the art AI models, policy rules and automation.
- You must have experience and be willing to engage with external product vendors and payment partners as well as regulatory, law enforcement and industry contacts,
- You take extreme ownership and have proven leadership and management experience and can scale teams efficiently and effectively across multiple countries.
- You are data driven and comfortable with OKRs, KPIs, KRIs, SLAs, forecasting, budgeting and planning.
- You are a positive person, with a flexible and creative mind and aim to bring out the best in people around you.
What you’ll get in return:
Make work, work for you! We are embracing new ways of working and support flexible working arrangements. With our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy our colleagues can work remotely from home or anywhere in their assigned Indian state. Additionally, you can work from a different country or Indian state for 90 days of the year. Plus, you’ll get:
- 25 days holiday
- Additional health and dental insurance
- We invest in your development with a 40k INR professional L&D budget per year and up to three L&D paid days off
- Snacks, light food, drinks in the office
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Flexible working
Tidean Ways of Working
At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. Our Working Out of Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year. We are remote first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.At Tide, we’re Member First and Data Driven, but above all, we’re One Team. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We believe it’s what makes us awesome at solving problems! We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyone’s voice is heard.