Engineering Manager - Sync Team
We’re on the lookout for an awesome Engineering Manager to help us develop and maintain projects as well as help building new & upcoming products.
As an experienced engineer yourself, you would regularly review and challenge engineering design documents, establishing an environment where people can collaborate to resolve problems. You would build a team of engineers with professional excellence that can continuously release world-class products to customers. As part of the Engineering Leadership Team, you would also be responsible for strategic planning and delivering against those plans. You would act as a role model for software engineers in using leadership behaviors and creating a culture where people feel motivated
Within the organization
The Sync Team currently owns, operates and actively develops the Sync feature, our proprietary distributed version control system for CAD projects managed by Shapr3D.
The current focus area of the team is delivering Teamspaces, a set of features that aim to enable the easy sharing of CAD projects within a team context - all built on the foundations previously laid by Sync.
Furthermore, the team is also planning further cloud & product security investments as part of our road towards the SOC2 certification.
“Our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.” - Ákos Kapui, Chief Technology Officer.
Read more about scaling-up engineering at Shapr3D and listen to some thoughts from our Engineering VP on managing hyper-growth.
What will you need to be successful?
- Previous work experience as a software engineering manager or a development lead for a team that had to ship to a wide range of platforms
- Experience with at least one major public cloud provider - AWS is a plus
- Skilled in at least one backend-oriented programming language and/or C++
- Experience with problems pertaining to distributed computing is a plus
- Expertise in building engineering teams with high quality and high throughput
- Know-how in managing and developing high-performing engineers and supporting people in their career growth
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English
- Curiosity fuels your journey.
- You are dedicated to building products that break the mold.
- You like to take ownership of things and to learn from your mistakes
- Use of constructive arguments to align the organization towards common goals
- Desire and determination to succeed and denial of mediocrity
- Users and data lie at the core of your technical decisions
- Users and the product come first. Team next. And your ego last.
A sneak peek into our stack...
- We’re using AWS and utilize serverless technologies as much as we can.
- All our backend code is written and thoroughly tested in Go.
- On the database side we are using AWS Aurora/RDS (PostgreSQL engine) and DynamoDB.
- We use AWS Lambda for compute and in general native AWS building blocks for the rest wherever possible.
- Our cross platform CAD engine is written in standard C++17
- For our iPadOS and macOS app we build our UI and application logic in Swift
- The Windows app is written in in C# and XAML and shipped as a Universal Windows App (UWP)
- We practice CI/CD, optimizing for frequent deployments and quick turnaround times.
- Only code that is peer reviewed and covered with automated tests can go into production.
What do we offer?
- The chance to:
- become an owner of the fastest-growing design and manufacturing software startup with equity
- grow exponentially by learning from the bests in their field (we have a top ProdEng team on a global scale)
- challenge existing solutions and build the CAD of the future
- A continuously reviewed generous benefit package (company stock option scheme, Medicover healthcare package, life and health insurance, gym subscription, transportation support... and many more)
- Full relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
- You can read more details about our benefit package here
- We are an office-first company in a remote-first world. Why? Read more about it on our website
Here at Shapr3D we don’t just innovate. We create a new status quo in 3D design.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build and contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
***Please submit your CV in English***