User Research Lead
We are looking for an experienced User Research Lead to join our team and help collect the insights that will help us continue to create a delightful user experience. You will lead a team of User Researchers and work closely with Product, Marketing and Customer functions within Shapr3D to help ensure we all have a deep understanding of our users’ needs and impediments, and serve as a key part of the decision making process. If you have a track record as a user researcher, and are enthusiastic about developing teams and systems to increase your influence as a researcher and leader, we’re looking for you.
Within the organization
You'll report to our VP of Product and work across Product, Marketing, Sales, and Support teams to create alignment and drive decisions based on research insights.
“Shapr3D is a company where you can truly feel proud of the product you are helping to build and the impact it creates. We have a passionate user base that is using Shapr3D to solve amazing problems. Our cross-functional teams are constantly looking for ways to solve more problems for more of our users, and members of the Product team play a highly collaborative role in this journey.“ - Sebastian Cachia, VP of Product
Learn more about how we think about User Research (https://csi.pet/eTqVv)
What will you do?
- Manage a small but talented team of User Researchers (currently 2) to help drive their growth and contribution to Shapr3D’s mission.
- Drive the continued refinement of our processes and organizational structures to ensure Research is positioned to drive impact within the organization.
- Be the loudest voice in the room on user issues, with the goal of helping us have constructive discussions that lead to the best outcomes for our users and the company.
- Join Product and Engineering leadership, working with your team to prepare for planning cycles to represent our understanding of our users.
- Lead by doing, taking a hands on approach to personally working as a Researcher with one of our Product teams or Marketing on their projects.
- Explore different ways to level-up user evangelism at Shapr3D, ensuring that the insights gained by the team are not only answering short term questions, but also contributing to our broader body of knowledge and context.
What will you need to be successful?
- Experience working with senior stakeholders and collaborating with cross-functional product teams.
- A broad understanding of user research methodologies and experience pragmatically applying the right tool to a situation.
- Experience working closely with Product Design, and a strong taste for great UX.
- Experience working closely with Product Management or Marketing, and an ability to have a nuanced discussion to help maximize long term outcomes for both our users and Shapr3D.
- Experience balancing short-term research goals focused on specific projects with the need to explore open-ended, generative, strategic research projects.
- Experience evangelizing research insights effectively to the entire company.
- Comfortable getting hands-on with quantitative tools like product analytics to help provide a different perspective to their research.
- Strong operational and project management skills, with an ability to manage multiple research projects simultaneously.
- A mindset that prioritizes actionable insights and impactful decisions over mere data collection.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to convey complex research findings in a clear and concise manner.
- A keen interest in developing a deep understanding of the CAD, 3D design, and manufacturing spaces.
- An eye for detail and quality, ensuring that research methodologies and insights adhere to high standards.
What do we offer?
- The chance to:
- own a part of the fastest-growing design and manufacturing software startup with equity
- help create a tool being used by people all over the world to help them design and manufacture the products we see in the world around us
- Supercharge your professional growth, working on hard problems with a great team, in a supportive organization
- redefine a category and help us build the CAD tool of the future
- A continuously reviewed generous benefits package: employee stock option plan, a generous private healthcare package, life and health insurance, gym subscription, transportation support... and many more
- Full relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
You can read more details about our benefit package here (https://csi.pet/6YQsB)
We are an office-first company in a remote-first world. Why? Read more about it on our website (https://csi.pet/EGxz8)
Here at Shapr3D we don’t just innovate. We create a new status quo in 3D design.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build /contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.
***Please submit your CV in English***