Senior QA Specialist
We’re looking for a motivated QA Specialist to help us make our next-gen 3D modeling app the most used CAD solution. If you’re interested in building a world-class application experience for Apple platforms, don’t hesitate to apply. You will be working to maintaining the best user experience on all platforms.
Within the organization
Your experience in application development for Apple and Windows platforms will help us to drive our mission forward: building an iconic CAD app for design professionals. You will be working on major features to create and maintain the best user experience on all platforms.
We work in an agile environment with a strong data-driven user focus. We do our best to aid development to enable high speed and high quality. Pragmatic decisions and approaches help us maintain a good balance between quality and speed. We don’t have dedicated roles for specific tasks; all members of the QA function are equally responsible for quality during the discovery, implementation, and release phases. Our QA Specialists are driven to deliver high-quality work and always aspire to learn and grow on the job.
"Our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.” - Ákos Kapui, CTO
What will you do?
First and foremost, you’d be doing a lot of 3D modeling. And while doing so, you’d prove your expertise in the application domain and functional area more and more as you go. You’d actively participate in all stages of the agile development cycle, which means you’d work closely with product designers, developers, fellow testers, and project managers.
We’d count on your eagle eye in spotting and identifying risks during the development cycle, and you’d also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics. Your functional and technical knack in bug fixes would also be put to good use as we’d expect you to find and diagnose bugs. You’d design, maintain, and execute test suites for technical specification and user requirements. It’s also on you to stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies. And if you see any room for improvement in the product, the technial design, or the processes, your ideas are always welcome.
What will you need to be successful?
- 4+ years of experience in testing
- Humbleness and determination to go the extra mile
- Techy expertise and eagerness to learn any software in minutes
- Positive attitude and the ability to build a great relationship within cross-functional teams
- Structural thinking about how to manage the testing of a world-class CAD application
- Ability to write high-quality, maintainable test suites
- Ability to coach your colleagues
- Strong English communication skills
- Experience in 3D design and modeling is a plus
- Mobile testing experience is a big plus
A sneak peek into our stack:
- We’re releasing our product to 3 platforms: iPadOS, macOS, and Windows, and while all of the three share our cross-platform CAD engine at their cores, each has its own platform-specific UI logic
- We test manually on target hardware; we employ a device pool covering iPads, Macs, and Surfaces from low to high-end devices
- With the release of our keyboard and mouse support, we are getting ready to cover a wide array of input devices during testing: all versions of the Apple Pencil, MS Pens, multi-button mouses and Magic Mouses, various trackpads, touch input, virtual, built-in, and Bluetooth keyboards
What does a successful first 6 months look like at Shapr3D?
Your most important assets in assuring quality at Shapr3D will be the deep understanding of our product and domain. The first couple of weeks of your onboarding will mainly focus on learning and understanding our practices, after which it will shift towards autonomy and efficiency. You’ll be guided and mentored by experienced testers throughout the whole onboarding process.
Now let’s fast forward 6 months into the future. You have verified the design and implementation of multiple features and participated in the release process on all platforms. You’ve had countless occasions where you gave input to solving specific problems. You’ve also received numerous pushbacks and feedback from your teammates which eventually led to a better outcome. You’ve learned tons of new things during this period, and your work and contributions have inspired others to do the same.
What do we offer?
- The chance to:
- become an owner of the fastest-growing design and manufacturing software startup with equity
- grow exponentially by learning from the bests in their field (we have a top ProdEng team on a global scale)
- challenge existing solutions and build the CAD of the future
- A continuously reviewed generous benefit package (company stock option scheme, a generous private healthcare package, life and health insurance, gym subscription, transportation support... and many more)
- Full relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
You can read more details about our benefit package here (https://csi.pet/6YQsB)
We are an office-first company in a remote-first world. Why? Read more about it on our website (https://csi.pet/EGxz8)
Here at Shapr3D we don’t just innovate. We create a new status quo in 3D design.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build and contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
***Please submit your CV in English***