We’re looking for an awesome Backend Engineer to help us develop and maintain projects in this space as well as help building new & upcoming products.
Within the organization
The Collaboration Team currently owns, operates and actively develops core infrastructure and services related to user management, subscription management and cloud-based CAD collaboration features that we have built so far such as the Webviewer.
“Our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.” - Ákos Kapui, Chief Technology Officer
What will you do?
- You will be working on laying the foundations for team-based collaboration features by introducing the concept of self-serve teams. The upcoming collaboration features we have on our roadmap will be built on top of our existing Sync feature and currently include: Commenting on CAD projects, across all our supported platforms, displaying any cloud synchronized CAD project in a browser for easy sharing and building advanced permission management for team members
- Furthermore, the team is also planning further cloud & product security investments as part of our road towards the SOC2 certification.
- You’ll work in strong collaboration with our dedicated product designers to deliver the same high-quality experience that has already attracted millions of users
- Build sustainable code that enables high speed and high quality
- Help us make pragmatic decisions to help us maintain a good balance between quality and speed
What will you need to be successful?
- A proven track record of delivering impact as a software engineer
- Experience in developing and operating scalable distributed systems
- A history of successfully designing & shipping backend features
- Working understanding of core distributed systems concepts, patterns and contemporary database solutions
- Considerable skill in at least one backend-oriented programming language - Go experience is a plus
- Experience with at least one major public cloud provider - AWS is a plus
- Great written and verbal communication skills in English
A sneak peek into our stack...
- We’re using AWS and utilize serverless technologies as much as we can.
- All our backend code is written and thoroughly tested in Go.
- On the database side we are using AWS Aurora/RDS (PostgreSQL) and DynamoDB.
- We use AWS Lambda for compute and in general native AWS building blocks for the rest wherever possible.
- We practice CI/CD, optimizing for frequent deployments and quick turnaround times.
- Only code that is peer reviewed and covered with automated tests can go into production.
- Heads-up: occasionally you might need to touch TypeScript and React as well - however this will only take a fraction of your time as the focus of the role is backend heavy.
What do we offer?
- The chance to:
- become an owner of the fastest-growing design and manufacturing software startup with equity
- grow exponentially by learning from the bests in their field (we have a top ProdEng team on a global scale)
- challenge existing solutions and build the CAD of the future
- A continuously reviewed generous benefit package (company stock option scheme, Medicover healthcare package, life and health insurance, gym subscription, transportation support... and many more)
- Full relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
You can read more details about our benefit package here (https://csi.pet/6YQsB)
We are an office-first company in a remote-first world. Why? Read more about it on our website (https://csi.pet/EGxz8)
Here at Shapr3D we don’t just innovate. We create a new status quo in 3D design.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build and contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
***Please submit your CV in English***