Implementation Services Project Manager
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2024
Seqera exists to make complex scientific data analysis accessible at any scale. Empowering scientists with modern software engineering for data analysis
We provide software for scientists solving today's most complex and important challenges from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. The journey began a decade ago with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists analyze and process data, with more power and flexibility than ever before.
Today, Seqera consolidates fragmented data and diverse computing resources into a unified platform. Our modern biotech stack is trusted by over 150 leading life sciences organizations. Empowered with modern software engineering, organizations conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. Seqera accelerates discoveries in an open world.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position - Senior level.#LI-Remote: Boston (US)
About the role
Seqera is in an exciting phase of growth. We are building our Implementation Services team, as well as defining and expanding our services offerings. We are seeking an experienced Implementation Project Manager to join our team. You will play a critical role in leading implementation projects and delivering exceptional services to our customers in the Pharma and Biotech sectors.
To be successful in this role, you must have a Life Sciences background, be technically strong, and have proven experience with enterprise software implementations. As an Implementation Project Manager, you will be expected to confidently engage with bioinformaticians, Research IT, and Cloud Operations teams. To do this, you will need to develop an understanding of the scientific concepts our software is used to address, and the complexities of deploying in a wide variety of Cloud, Hybrid, and on-prem environments.
If you thrive in the dynamic environment of an early-stage software company where methodologies and tools are still under development, and are excited about the opportunity to help us shape and build our playbooks and processes as we grow, this could be exactly the opportunity you are looking for.
What You'll Do
- Project Execution: Manage the implementation of Seqera's solutions. Oversee project delivery and ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope & budget.
- Team Collaboration: Work closely with members of our Scientific Development, and Technical Solutions teams to ensure seamless project delivery. Collaborate with various internal teams, including Engineering, Product Management, and Support, as necessary to ensure comprehensive project delivery.
- Customer Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, including bioinformaticians and IT leaders, to understand their needs and ensure ongoing project success.
- Methodology Development: Play a key role in defining and enhancing our implementation process. Help build the playbooks, contribute to their continuous improvement, and ensure best practices are followed in all project activities.
- Problem Resolution: Serve as the key point of contact for customers during projects, addressing and resolving issues efficiently to maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Educational Background: Degree in Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or Computer Science. A technical degree with significant exposure to Life Sciences is also acceptable.
- Industry Experience: Minimum of 3 years of customer-facing Enterprise Software Implementation experience, preferably of software in a life sciences related field.
- Project Management: Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex projects, supported by strong organizational and time-management skills. Prior experience developing and implementing new processes and playbooks in a startup environment is highly desirable.
- Technical Experience: Experience with research-oriented software products, and cloud computing technologies.
- Communication: Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage effectively with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Startup Readiness: Strong problem-solving skills, a flexible mindset, and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Seqera, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, and your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: 20 days for vacations per year, 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2024, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance with United Healthcare, dental with Delta, and vision coverage from Vision Service Plan.
- Private life insurance with Lincoln
- Investment app with Vestwell (401K)
- Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.