Product Marketing Manager, Life Sciences
Marketing & Communications, Product
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
Seqera exists to make complex scientific data analysis accessible at any scale. Empowering scientists with modern software engineering for data analysis
We provide software for scientists solving today's most complex and important challenges from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. The journey began a decade ago with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists analyze and process data, with more power and flexibility than ever before.
Today, Seqera consolidates fragmented data and diverse computing resources into a unified platform. Our modern biotech stack is trusted by over 150 leading life sciences organizations. Empowered with modern software engineering, organizations conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. Seqera accelerates discoveries in an open world.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position - Senior level.#LI-Remote: Boston, US
About the role
Seqera is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to lead our PM practice and play a pivotal role in driving the marketing strategy for our industry-leading bioinformatics solutions. Reporting to the VP of Marketing and collaborating closely with the Product, Engineering and Advocacy teams, you will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive product marketing strategies to maximize the impact of our software solutions. This role offers a unique opportunity to combine your passion for technology with your marketing expertise to influence the growth and success of Seqera in a rapidly evolving market.
You will be the linchpin between our groundbreaking technology and the world's scientific community. You'll craft compelling narratives, forge strategic partnerships, and illuminate the path for scientists and researchers worldwide to unlock the full potential of their work. If you thrive in a dynamic, innovation-driven environment and are eager to make your mark on the forefront of scientific advancement, this role is your chance to shine.
What You'll Do
- Develop and refine product positioning and messaging that resonates with target audiences, differentiates our solutions, and aligns with Seqera’s brand narrative.
- Lead the development and execution of go-to-market plans for new product launches and feature updates, ensuring seamless coordination across cross-functional teams.
- Conduct thorough market research and competitive analysis to identify market trends, customer needs, and opportunities for differentiation.
- Collaborate with the content team to create compelling and in-depth marketing collateral, including product datasheets, case studies, whitepapers, and blog posts, to drive awareness and demand.
- Equip the sales team with the necessary tools, training, and resources to effectively communicate the value of our products and support sales efforts.
- Gather and distill customer feedback and insights to inform product development and enhancements.
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of product marketing initiatives and report on progress to leadership.
- Degree in bioinformatics or life sciences-related field.
- Background in marketing to life sciences personas such as bioinformaticians, data scientists and up-to-date knowledge of the industry ecosystem in genomics and life sciences.
- Proven experience within product marketing, product management, market development, or related functions with a demonstrated track record of success, ideally in B2B enterprise software.
- Passionate about writing and storytelling.
- Native English proficiency with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into compelling, customer-focused messaging.
- Ambitious self-starter with a positive, upbeat demeanor, with the ability to withstand change and thrive in high-growth environments.
- Highly collaborative with excellent project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Seqera, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, and your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: 20 days for vacations per year, 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2024, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance with United Healthcare, dental with Delta, and vision coverage from Vision Service Plan.
- Private life insurance with Lincoln
- Investment app with Vestwell (401K)
- Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.