Senior Full-Stack Engineer
** Apply here: https://airtable.com/shrBl9bgmufAPsecO **
We are looking for a talented Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our remote Engineering Team based out of Greece and Germany. You will be a key member in bringing Seafair’s roadmap forward and developing our cloud-based Marketplace and SaaS platforms, following engineering best practices and improving our software development process.
Seafair is a tech startup helping shipping companies manage data and recruit seafarers (employees who work on vessels), a $60B market annually. Our vision is to become the global leader in the shipping crewing market. We use technology, data and operations to provide the best quality of services to our clients and access to opportunities for our seafarers. We have received $7M in funding from investors like General Catalyst, FJ Labs, firstminute capital, Speedinvest, TA Ventures.
Who we’re looking for
You are a highly autonomous engineer, as passionate about technology as you are about applying it to optimize the world around you. You are a quick learner, excited about learning new skills and putting them into practice right away. You want to be part of an awesome engineering team using cutting-edge technologies, building great and responsive UIs in front of robust and scalable back-end services, and providing a world-class user experience to our clients. You are a strong team player that values communication. If you also perform best as part of an agile team that iterates fast and ships code daily, we’d like to meet you.
- E2E ownership of our online marketplace or SaaS components: architect, design, document, build, test, ship, measure, and maintain the back-end services and user interfaces
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to deliver features early and continuously, according to the Agile methodology
- Design and create intuitive database schemas that represent business entities and accommodate product needs
- Promote a data-driven approach to development and business, integrating meaningful metrics to measure system performance and business feature success
- Be an active contributor to our customer discovery process; work closely with the product team to understand customer needs and build a product that solves them
- Extract, analyze and create reports on database dataShare your knowledge and mentor your teammates
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technology trends, proposing appropriate solutions, and contributing to our technology strategy
- Help nurture a culture of modern software engineering best practices across our technology stack
- Industry experience in software development and strong CS background (5+ years)
- Experience with React or other web frameworks (Angular, Vue.js, Node, etc.)
- Strong background in relational databases and SQL (Postgres, MySQL etc.)
- Experience in designing secure and well-documented REST APIs
- Testing mindset and an eye for clean code using software design patterns
- Very comfortable with Git
- Excellent communication in English
- Deep understanding of the Agile philosophy
- Good knowledge of Django REST framework
- Experience with GCP and Terraform or other cloud providers and IaC tools
- Experience with Electron framework
- Open-source contributions that can prove your ability to produce high-quality code
What we offer
- Competitive salary and employee stock option plan
- Be part of a very talented, hungry, and expanding team with great growth opportunities
- Work for a startup that aims to disrupt the global shipping industry, backed by world-class investors
- A value-driven, energetic and fun culture (yes, some lame jokes will be part of it)
- A work environment where you are expected to challenge and be challenged every single day
- International experience working with people based all around the world for a product that is marketed globally
- Sharing is caring: We are disrupting an opaque industry, so we promote transparency everywhere, internally and externally.
- Paid vacation days
Something looks off?