** Apply here: https://airtable.com/shrhvbqB6lftcdmti **
We are looking for a solutions engineer to work alongside our remote engineering and sales teams. You will have a significant impact in growing our cloud-based maritime crewing SaaS business by providing excellent customer service through seamless deployments and tailor-fit customisations.
About Seafair Seafair is a tech startup helping shipping companies manage data and recruit seafarers (employees who work on vessels), a $60B market annually. Our vision is to become the global leader in the shipping crewing market. We use technology, data and operations to provide the best quality of services to our clients and access to opportunities for our seafarers. We have received $7M in funding from investors like General Catalyst, FJ Labs, firstminute capital, Speedinvest, TA Ventures.
Who we’re looking for You are an engineer at heart who enjoys working closely with customers to solve their problems and improve their experience. You are as passionate about technology as you are about applying it to optimize the world around you. You are a quick learner, excited about learning new skills and putting them into practice right away. You are a strong team player that values communication. If you’re also interested in disrupting the shipping industry forever, we’d like to meet you.
- Work closely with customers both pre-sales and post-sales to understand their problems and workflows.
- Strategise with sales and product team to create customised solutions.
- Develop scripts to analyse, clean and migrate client data to our system.
- Seamlessly integrate Seafair’s products with shipping companies' existing data infrastructure.
- Collect and communicate customer technical requirements to the product and engineering teams; be the customer advocate for the product roadmap.
- Troubleshoot and document post-deployment client issues and develop a plan to address them.
- Train our end-users in using Seafair’s SaaS product.
- Develop and maintain lasting relationships with both end users and customers' IT departments.
- 2+ years of experience in pre-sales or post-sales engineering, or equivalent experience in a customer-facing solutions engineer role
- Experience with Docker, containers, and public cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc.)
- Experience in Python scripting
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (MySQL/Postgres, etc.)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, the interoperability between front-end and back-end and ability to troubleshoot web applications
- Proven ability to work autonomously and manage projects (scope, timelines, resources)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience with Django/DRF
- Experience with React.js and/or TypeScript
- Familiarity with best practices for SDLC management (version control, automated testing, build management, CI/CD)
What we offer
- Competitive salary and employee stock option plan
- Be part of a talented, hungry and expanding team with great growth opportunities (our team worked at Google/Microsoft/Bloomberg and we have a Python-core developer)
- Work at a startup that disrupts the global shipping industry, backed by world-class investors
- A value-driven, energetic and fun culture (yes, some lame jokes will be part of it)
- A work environment where you are expected to challenge and be challenged every single day
- Get international experience working with people based all around the world
- Sharing is caring: We are disrupting an opaque industry, so we promote transparency everywhere, internally and externally
- Paid vacation days
Something looks off?