Treasury and Accounting Specialist (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
We're Europe's fastest-growing marketplace for refurbished products, empowering customers to acquire items up to 40% cheaper while making a substantial impact on reducing CO2 emissions compared to buying new devices.
Since our launch in February 2017, we grew to more than 300 employees and expanded across the European region. Throughout this journey, we've successfully concluded three substantial funding rounds, selling hundreds of thousands of products. Thanks to our teams efforts, we were recognized as the Top Employer in the DACH region (2023 and 2024) by Kununu and secured the title of an ACM Preferred Employer (2023).
For our Finance team, we are looking for a Treasury & Accounting Specialist (f/m/x). This critical role reports to our Head of Accounting & Controlling and involves monitoring and optimizing cash flows, ensuring accurate recording of financial transactions, and implementing effective cash management strategies. It will give you a unique opportunity to contribute to bringing refurbed’s finance and treasury tools and processes to the next level.
Together with you and your talent we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Accounting or Finance from a top-tier university or equivalent
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in accounting or treasury in a fast-paced environment (e.g. in a fast-growing start-up, large corporation or at an accounting advisor)
- You have strong analytical skills and are process-oriented
- You work independently and are goal-oriented
- You are keen on accuracy and quality as well as paying attention to detail
- You have a can-do mentality and do not use the term “That doesn’t work”
- You care about the world and want to spend your time making a difference
- You are fluent in German and English
What you will do
- You own our Treasury including cash and FX management, review our payment practice and reshape its processes to ensure efficiency, scalability and risk mitigation
- You oversee and manage cash and FX operations of all group entities and identify potential cash shortfalls or excesses and recommend appropriate actions
- You monitor vendor and customer master data in the ERP system
- You support our Accounting team to execute accounting tasks and ensure the efficient collaboration with our external accounting service provider for all Refurbed Group entities
- You continuously evaluate and enhance cash management and forecasting processes to improve efficiency and accuracy
- You support the implementation of new tools and systems in the future, such as e.g. a new ERP system and a treasury management tool
- You support the accounting team to reconcile our accounts in a timely manner, when needed, and support periodic company audits
- You collaborate with all departments to deliver your projects and tasks
- You experience first-hand how to scale a business with a big vision and mission
Additional factors we appreciate
- You can leverage your excellent Excel skills to improve efficiency of yet manual work
- You have experience in e-commerce and/or consumer goods
- You have experience in reporting for a publicly listed company
For legal reasons, we would like to point out that the minimum gross annual salary for this position, on the basis of full-time employment, is € 30,000. However, we are willing to provide a higher salary based on the qualifications and experiences of the candidates.
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!