Marketing Manager (f/m/x) Germany
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. We enable our customers to buy electronics such as smartphones, tablets or laptops up to 40% cheaper and in a more sustainable manner and save on average 80% in CO2 by buying refurbished opposed to new devices.
We founded our company in February 2017 and grew to more than 300 employees in the last five years and already expanded from Germany and Austria to Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark and further European countries. Along the way we won several awards, completed three large funding rounds and have already sold hundreds of thousands of products. Our team has extensive international experience in the refurbishment industry, how to create a brand and how to scale a marketplace.
Why you should work with us
- Taking ownership of marketing for our most successful market
- Fully remote in Germany and flexible working hours
- High impact, highly visible work
- Excellent salary
- Colourful, international team with colleagues from almost every corner of the globe (We have colleagues from over 30 nationalities)
- Working with a group of likeminded people with the joint mission of using your skills to help make the world a better place
- Happy team (Employee happiness survey at over 80% happiness ratings)
- 3 rocking annual parties and ongoing events and initiatives (Yoga, Meditation, Oktoberfest)
- Personal learning budget
- Dedicated budget for monthly socials
- Support in both personal and career development from comprehensive onboarding to feedback and promotion
What You'll Do:
As a member of our DACH Marketing team, the marketing Manager Germany will support the steering of our largest market. In this role, you will be responsible for our local marketing activations, PR activities and performance analysis. To achieve this, you will work across teams such as Global Brand, DACH, Creation, Product, Supply and Legal.
- Take responsibility for the marketing success in our largest market, where you will implement the strategy developed by our global brand team and adapt it locally. To do so you will coordinate marketing activities with stakeholders across the company.
- Act as the first person of contact for our local PR agency and guide and challenge their work to make us the most talked about brand in German media.
- You are responsible for marketing analysis for the German market, including but not limited to overall market performance, analysis of upper funnel marketing efficiency and market research findings.
- You’ll utilize competitive insights, customer data, market and social media trends to identify growth opportunities in the German market – both for the long term and for ad-hoc brand activations.
- You work with our Global Brand and DACH team to identify brand activations, brand partnerships and other marketing activities that will allow us to engage and retain high-value customers.
- Foster synergy with other departments – product, marketing, international markets, customer service, customer happiness – to ensure we further improve our customer experience and customer promise.
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a general marketing, eCommerce or business development role
- You have excellent communication skills, are fluent in German and English and you have an eye for grammar and spelling.
- A can-do mentality, work as a self-starter and are naturally a problem-solver.
- Well organized and have a structured way of working, even if under pressure.
- Highly analytical and data-driven, can work with large data sets and multiple databases and know how to present your findings to a diverse audience.
- Experienced in working on PR, can review and improve press releases written by our agency and have a thorough understanding of the German media landscape.
- You know how to measure the success of PR, social media and influencer campaigns and can present the outcome to different stakeholders.
- You know how to set up basic customer research, and how to interpret the findings and turn them into actionable next steps.
- You are an avid Social Media user, and don’t mind standing both behind and in front of the camera to do street interviews and UGC-like mini-series.
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region HQ’d in Vienna and active in multiple European countries. Through our marketplace we sell completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops and tablets that are up to 40% cheaper and more sustainable than buying new. For every sale we plant a tree (we've planted over 3.5 million since 2017) We are committed to driving the circular economy also making high quality electronics accessible to people that are not able to buy everything brand new.
You can find out more about our sustainability mission here: https://nachhaltigkeit.refurbed.com/
If you want to find out for yourself check this video out: Working@refurbed:
and our careers site here https://careers.refurbed.com/
Any questions before you apply, don’t be afraid to reach out. We’re a friendly bunch.
If not then, Apply here:
Everyone will get a response.
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!