Consumer Insights Lead (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. We enable our customers to buy electronics such as smartphones, tablets or laptops up to 40% cheaper and in a more sustainable manner and save on average 80% in CO2 by buying refurbished opposed to new devices.
We founded our company in February 2017 and grew to more than 300 employees in the last five years and already expanded from Germany and Austria to Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark and further European countries. Along the way we won several awards, completed three large funding rounds and have already sold hundreds of thousands of products. Our team has extensive international experience in the refurbishment industry, how to create a brand and how to scale a marketplace.
For our Product department, we are looking for an outstanding Lead who will guide our UX Research team while leading cross-functional customer and data projects to create insights into our customers’ preferences and behaviors, thereby enabling data-driven recommendations for leadership. This includes working closely with our Product, UX, Analytics, Marketing and Customer Happiness teams as well as the company leadership. The ideal candidate has a strong background in strategic thinking, data analysis and project management.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in economics, data science, business or a related field
- You bring experience (5+ years) in e-commerce, consulting or consumer good, as well as (2+ years) in people management
- You have excellent analytical skills with the ability to leverage data to develop on point strategy and decisions
- You are well-versed in a wide array of UX research and validation methodologies, tools, and techniques. Your deep understanding enables you to navigate complex user problems with precision and creativity and speeds up detecting opportunities that match user's and business needs
- You have excellent project management skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams in an efficient manner
- You are excited to think from the consumer point of view and how to create value for our consumers
- You are a doer at heart, a natural problem-solver and are excited about the future of consumption
- You have the ability to align UX research with the organization's business goals and objectives. You can also create a strategy for the UX research team that fosters growth and innovation. Your team’s work would directly facilitate decision-making in several teams, in different phases of product development
- You are used to a fast-paced, changing environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and know how to put inputs from multiple sources to tell a story
- You have excellent English skills
- You care about the world and want to spend your time making a difference
What you will do:
- Directly report to the VP of Product and impact strategy at the highest level
- Lead our Consumer Insights efforts and formulate effective and actionable strategies on how to improve the consumer experience with our brand and products
- Lead and manage a team of UX researchers, providing mentorship, guidance, and direction. Your role involves fostering their professional growth, ensuring high-quality outcomes for our users and our business
- Lead cross-functional projects in close collaboration with members from our Product, UX, Analytics, Marketing, Customer Happiness teams
- Analyze and constantly develop our understanding of our consumers’ preferences, behaviors and potential for value creation
- Leverage data and insights to proactively identify new business opportunities
- Share and communicate insights effectively throughout the company
- Stay up-to-date on industry and consumer trends
Additional factors we appreciate:
- You have gained work experience in the consumer goods industry or marketplaces before
- You speak a European language (Germany, Italian, Swedish, Dutch, etc.) in addition to your English skills
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!