Senior Data Engineer (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
Since 2017, we saved over 100,000,000 kg of CO2 by selling refurbished equipment, while 3.5 million trees have been planted, mainly with our partner, the NGO Eden Reforestation.
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe.
For our Platform team we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer (f/m/x). In this position you will help us build, improve, and scale our platform and data processing systems.
Together with you and your talent we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
WHO YOU ARE
- Significant experience with software development in either Go or Python
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience implementing complex data and ETL pipelines
- Experience with workflow management platforms and/or computational solutions like Apache Airflow, Dagster, Airbyte, or similar
- Experience running pipelines on cloud platform (Google Cloud, AWS, or Microsoft Azure)
- You work independently and are goal-oriented
- You have excellent English skills
- You are located in one of the European time zones · Formal education in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or a related field
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with Analytics and Data Science departments to formulate technology roadmaps, define standards and guidelines
- Build the infrastructure required for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Provide subject-matter expert knowledge on technology usage, evaluate new tools to enable new business opportunities
- Design, implement, deploy and monitor ETL/ELT pipelines
- Ensure a high-quality codebase, and healthy software engineering practices
- Stay up-to-date with data protection regulations (GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, etc.) and any industry-specific compliance standards, ensure our data practices align with these regulations
- Enforce robust data security measures (encryption, access control, regular security audits, etc.) to protect sensitive data throughout its lifecycle
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You are comfortable working with *nix systems
- You have experience with PostgreSQL and BigQuery
- You have experience with the Go programming language
- You have significant DevOps experience
- You have experience working on highly available and fault tolerant systems
- You are active in the open-source community
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!