Risk Manager (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
Since 2017, we saved over 100,000,000 kg of CO2 by selling refurbished equipment, while 3.5 million trees have been planted, mainly with our partner, the NGO Eden Reforestation.
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe.
We founded our company in February 2017 and grew to more than 300 employees in the last five years and already expanded from Germany and Austria to Italy, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark and further European countries. Along the way we won several awards, completed two large funding rounds and have already sold hundreds of thousands of products, which makes us one of the fastest growing startups in Europe right now. Our team has extensive international experience in the refurbishment industry, how to create a brand and how to scale a marketplace.
For our Finance team, we are looking for an outstanding Risk Manager who will be leading our internal control systems and processes as well as the risk management function of our e-commerce platform. This includes identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks to the company's financial, operational, and reputational health. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in risk management, e-commerce, and financial reporting.
Together with you and your talent we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
Who you are:
- You have a degree from a top-tier university or comparable, relevant experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in improving and refining internal control and risk management systems and processes.
- You are a risk manager at heart and have experience in managing risks of e-commerce platforms with embedded payment service providers independently.
- You manage fraud risk policies of various payment methods and assess credit risks of various parties transacting through a platform.
- You have supported CFOs or Accounting & Controlling Heads in establishing and refining the risk management and internal control function.
- You are used to a fast-paced, changing environment and have worked for high growth companies in the past.
- You have a data analytics background and are capable to analyse large data sets.
- You have technical and analytical skills to analyse large transaction data.
- You are very keen on accuracy and quality and always have high attention to detail.
- You have a can-do mentality and are naturally a problem-solver.
- You have a hands-on mentality and have excellent communication and written skills.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- You care about the world and want to spend your time making a difference.
What you will do:
- Lead, manage, and continuously improve our internal control system and processes in collaboration with the Head of Accounting & Controlling and the CFO.
- Lead the risk management function with a focus on managing financial, operational and reputational risks.
- Develop and implement risk management policies and procedures.
- Conduct risk assessments, analyze large data sets, and identify potential risks.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and report on risks.
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices.
Additional factors we appreciate:
- You have gained work experience in e-commerce before.
- You have previously worked in a high-volume business dealing with large transaction volumes such as e.g. marketplaces, payment service providers or equivalent.
- You speak a European language (French, Italian, Swedish, Dutch, etc.) in addition to your English skills.
You want to build the leading marketplace for refurbished electronics in Europe and change the world by making it easier to sell sustainable products? Then apply now.
Please include a cover letter, references and any relevant projects you want us to look at.
For legal matters, we state that the minimum wage for this position is 60.000 € gross per year. However, depending on your qualification, a higher salary obviously is very likely.
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!