Tech Lead (f/m/x)
Do you want to use your passion and talent to make consumption more sustainable?
Since 2017, we saved over 100,000,000 kg of CO2 by selling refurbished equipment, while 3.5 million trees have been planted, mainly with our partner, the NGO Eden Reforestation.
We are passionate about sustainability and we are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished products in Europe.
For our Engineering department, we are looking for an experienced Tech Lead (m/f/x) with a solid background in designing and implementing backend services. Our tech-stack consists of Go, gRPC, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, GCP/Kubernetes in the backend and Vue.js, Alpine.js, Tailwind in the frontend.
Together with you and your talent, we want to make consumption sustainable and build the leading marketplace for refurbished products in Europe. Join us on our mission! #TalentForFuture
WHO YOU ARE
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development using the Go programming language
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Experience in leading a team of software engineers for at least a year
- Experience with working in an agile work environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- Algorithmic thinking, with ability to breaking down complex problems into smaller, manageable components
- Understanding of fundamental concepts of distributed systems
- You have excellent English skills
- You are located in one of the European time zones
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Coordinates the work within the team, defines priorities and anticipates external dependencies
- Development of backend services
- Ensure a high-quality code base
- Be responsible for code reviews and merges
- Facilitates collaboration within the team, identifies and solves blockers and conflicts between people, detects possible problems early
- Hold regular 1-on-1 meetings with your team members and ensure team health
- Work together with product management and other teams
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with *nix systems
- You have experience working with NGINX
- You have experience working with RabbitMQ
- You have experience working on highly-available and fault-tolerant systems
- You are active in the open-source community
- Good knowledge of parallel / concurrent programming
WHY YOU WILL ENJOY WORKING WITH US
Our Culture and Values:
- Decisions should be made based on facts and not by hierarchy levels? We sure think so!
- We embrace giving and receiving feedback, testing and welcoming new ideas, as well as sharing our knowledge across the company.
- You fail sometimes? Well, so do we! We’re all just human, let’s not cry about it but learn from our mistakes to improve in the future!
- No matter who you love, where you’re from, who you pray to, whether you pee sitting down or standing up – we are a bunch of talented people who enjoy spending our time making a difference!
Personal & Professional Development:
- You can take unlimited number of trainings we are offering you through LinkedIn learning.
- Additionally, we are partnering with Likeminded, offering you private sessions with experts for your personal growth and mental health.
- We trust you to do the best job, so we don't care so much when you do it – you are able to self-organize.
- Work from home or in our modern and sustainable office in the heart of Vienna – we love dogs, so feel free to bring your furry little buddy too. And yes, there are free fruit, coffee & drinks in the office 😊
…and much more! See https://careers.refurbed.com/ for further insights!