Software Engineer, Site Reliability Engineering
Qovery is a platform that empowers developers to deploy their applications in the cloud in just a few seconds.
We help growing tech companies accelerate and scale the application development cycle with zero infrastructure management investment. The simplest path to deliver apps quickly! Designed for Developers, our platform handles the Ops work: fast and modern deployment, high resiliency, highly scalable, and secure. So devs can focus on their business with serenity.
At Qovery, we are building the next generation of application deployment and management. Something as simple as your grandma could use!!!
We believe that different cultures and diversity are mandatory to make a great company and product. This is why we encourage more diversity and inclusion in the tech space. We want to encourage more people from different backgrounds to apply for jobs with Qovery.
We are about to expand our team and want to focus on building a top-notch company. Join and help us to make a great place to work.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience contributing to a software engineering team.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Rust, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting softwares and distributed systems.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to manage Kubernetes clusters and Cloud providers resources.
- You have already worked in a startup.
You'll be in charge of:
- Contributing to the development of our Engine (https://github.com/Qovery/engine) and leverage its capacity to manage more cloud providers and services, in a simple, scalable, reliable and efficient way.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- You'll contribute to major product and technical decisions that will impact the business in the long term and set the standards for your future teammates.
Our technical stack:
- Rust and Go
- Kubernetes stack
- Cloud providers (AWS/GCP/Azure/Scaleway/...)
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis
If you're interested to look at challenges we're facing, you can take a look at our Engineering blog
To see more, check out our user documentation: https://docs.qovery.com
Our ambition and spirit
We want to revolutionize application deployment. We are in 2023, and it is still too complex to deploy and manage applications and dependencies (databases, brokers, storage...). Even with the help of cloud providers!!!
We are people-oriented:
- We empower people to grow (not only on tech aspects) and be better by regular 1:1s, feedback, performance reviews for instance. We help you reach the best of yourself!
- Excellent soft skills are mandatory to become a Qovery team member
- Relation and communication is key to build a great product
One more thing:
- We're 100% remote to propose the best wellness possible (3hrs +/- from Paris timezone)
- We have flexible working hours
- We share the love thanks to a monthly co-work all together (proposed but not mandatory!) and a great offsite twice a year
- You can choose your devices
- Your voice is heard; no matter your level, we're a team, all going in the same direction.
- Anyone in the company can have an impact on every level. We encourage anyone to participate outside his immediate area.
- Competitive salary