About the Company
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech) utilises its core porous GaN platform technology and global supply chain to deliver next generation microLED technologies into applications from AR glasses to videowalls. The PoroGaN® platform enables Porotech to produce both high colour purity monochrome microLED technology and multi/full colour displays based on its’ ground-breaking DynamicPixelTuning® (DPT®) technology.
The DPT® technology offers an entirely new approach to full colour microLED displays. DPT means the end of ‘RGB’ sub-pixels and instead allows a single pixel to be designated any colour in the visible spectrum. This simplifies & improves the design of the display and optical system and removes major manufacturing roadblocks.
About the role
We are looking for a capable and motivated software engineer to join our expanding UK office. Must have proof of right to work in the UK to apply.
You will work in a small team responsible for building and maintaining custom software solutions that support data collection, storage, analysis, and visualisation. You will handle the maintenance of existing systems that support semiconductor wafer processing and LED chip processing. You will develop new systems and new features for existing systems.
This role involves working closely with engineering teams, understanding the manufacturing processes and how to best support R&D and production. This is a vital role, ensuring that our products meet exacting standards as we scale to meet increasing demand from our globally recognised customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and support database systems including data pipelines and data capture.
- Development of new databases and data pipelines to support expansion of capability.
- Develop and support reporting tools for production data analysis.
- Contribute to data modelling and developing new analysis routines.
- Ad-hoc training and user support.
- Maintenance of database hardware and backup scheduling.
- Computer science degree/masters or equivalent experience.
- Strong hands-on experience in Python and SQL development in industry or academia.
- Familiar with software engineering best practices (domain-driven-design, clean code principles and Git version control).
- Database development and management.
- Experience working on Windows and Unix/Linux platforms.
- Greenfield development.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn and adapt to new tools and technologies.
- Experience controlling hardware (power supplies, cameras, spectrometers, sensors).
- RESTful web API experience (e.g. Flask).
At Porotech you will be part of a scaling business, emerging from the UK, with disruptive III-nitride display technology. Joining the business at this stage gives you the opportunity to make an early impact and contribute to the future success of the company.