Equipment and Facility Engineer
Poro Technologies Ltd (Porotech) is providing state-of-art process technologies and device solutions to unleash the full potential of GaN to revolutionise the electronics industry. Our products have enormous potential in applications such as microLED display technology, energy efficient lighting and power management, as well as lasers, quantum light sources, sensors, and energy generation.
We are now recruiting a skilled Equipment and Facility Engineer to be the main point of contact for all aspects related to facilities and equipment in the company. We are looking for an Equipment and Facility Engineer with experience working with semiconductor facilities and equipment to join our multi-disciplinary team. This is an important role in our fast-growing company to allow smooth R&D and production work and to revolutionise the future.
- Develop and upgrade cleanroom environment and facilities to allow R&D and production work
- Perform equipment upgrade from proof-of-concept (e.g. drawing) to execution
- Analyse equipment breakdowns and develop corrective actions accordingly
- Sustain continuous improvement to enhance equipment reliability and scalability
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures to reduce equipment breakdowns
- Develop troubleshooting procedures to reduce machine downtime
- Setup and commission new equipment
- Carry out equipment and the facility systems maintenance to allow minimal interruption to production
- Upgrade the cleanroom environment to allow effective production process
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as equipment engineer in chemical/semiconductor manufacturing environment (wet etch equipment will be advantage)
- Understanding of electronic and mechanical principles
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, both in writing and verbally
- Degree / HND in scientific / Engineering discipline or F.E Qualification OR equivalent experience
- Experience in maintaining equipment
- Strong training skills and technical familiarity with product and equipment
- Fork lift license desirable
At Porotech you will be part of a scaling business, emerging from the UK, with disruptive III-nitride display technology. Joining the business at this stage gives you the opportunity to make an early impact and contribute to the future success of the company.
Competitive salary dependent on experience. Company benefits include health insurance, dental insurance and pension plan. If you are interested in helping us change the world, send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you.