Country Manager - Saudi Arabia
@ Pemo, we ...
Saudi Arabia Country Manager @ Pemo
KSA is a key focus for Pemo as the Small and Medium Businesses eco-system is one of the most vibrant in the region and requires strong support in order to facilitate the explosive growth of the market.
As our service will be completely new and revolutionary for the customers, we need to find the adaptations in our product that will tailor the needs of our Saudi customers.
At the same time, a certain infrastructure will have to be built in order to enable the multitude of services that SMBs require in the Country.
The Country Manager will set the foundations for this and much more, by being the main representative of Pemo on the ground and be a key contributor for the success of Pemo in the Country.
What we're looking for
- You have an open mindset that always looks for the positive. Your customers and colleagues find your energy contagious.
- You truly enjoy helping others move and improve. It is a part of you to make sure that the customers scale with your help.
- You love goals and objectives. You don’t always need to be given tasks – you create your own tasks while chasing your targets, and it motivates you to reach them.
- You love a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where you jump from one task to another. From one conversation with one customer to another.
- You are a trustworthy person who always ensures that deadlines are reached, promises are kept, and you do what is expected of you.
- You are the person who always wants to improve - everything. It can always be optimized, and done just a little bit better - every time.
- You love to see all the possibilities there are for our customers in the future. You love thinking about the future – and making it a reality.
Responsibilities - or what will you do...
- Setup Pemo operations in KSA and have full P&L responsibility on the business reporting into the founders.
- Support Pemo CCO in the organization and structuring of the local Sales team
- Lead local teams across multiple disciplines responsible for Sales, CS and Marketing
- Own country performance, monitor and analyze key success metrics and implement initiatives to improve them, in constant contact with global teams 📈
- Possess ownership of business decisions regarding the market strategy
- Study and develop the local financial and payment infrastructure in order to ensure that our customers enjoy the most revolutionary payment services in the region.
- Engage with the relevant regulatory bodies in order to ensure Pemo compliance with the necessary regulatory framework
- Be a community leader in the Fintech eco-system of the Country, sharing best practices and leading the way in the development of this new industry.
Sales is your top priority when building Pemo in your market and you will ...
- Have complete overview of the sales activities within the local market and align local sales teams to build a solid pipeline and meet targets
- Work with the sales team to qualify and develop new business opportunities, lead on identifying and growing key accounts and building partnerships
- Represent the customer when working with the product, CS and marketing teams to deliver an exceptional user experience for our customers with seamless service on all devices
What we will love about you
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a leading Strategic Consulting/Venture Capital/Investment Banking or building and scaling a Start-Up in the ecosystem
- Experience delivering results in a commercial environment
- You want to prove yourself as a real leader - able with your decisions to drive forward big initiatives and “make an impact”
- You love to “connect the dots”. At Pemo we are redefining an industry and we need imaginative builders able to define the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- You have a ‘nose for value’ and the ability to frame and structure complex problems, then quickly prioritise to focus on the high potential opportunities
- You have a strong sense of ownership - you take delivery personally, even in a dynamic environment with high ambiguity
- You have a passion for startups or dynamic environments. Previous experience in a similar working environment is a plus
- You are fluent in English and Arabic (must)
- Your are familiar with the Saudi Start-Up and Finance Eco-system (plus)
What you will love about us
We like to make sure everyone in the team is comfortable and has the best environment for them. We offer flexible hours, remote working (within 4 hours of GMT+4) and have a relaxed attitude to taking personal time - focusing only on whether work gets done. Benefits are optional and can be tweaked on an individual basis depending on what makes you most productive.
Some cool stuff at Pemo:
- You will work with an international team of experts
- We give you the freedom to explore and suggest
- You will “build” processes and materially impact the day-to-day life of the company
- You will experience a multi-country, multi-cultural environment that will stimulate your personal growth
- You will learn new things and enter the Fintech sector which is growing and will have a direct impact on the company’s future
- You will be involved in a seed stage startup backed prominent international investors (Cherry Ventures, Fintech Collective, Speedinvest, Shorooq Partners, and others) as well as the CEOs of some of the most successful Fintech scale ups in Europe and South East Asia, such as Nium, Qonto, PayHawk, Billie, or Spenmo
- We’re happy to offer a competitive salary based on experience
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Include the role's title in your subject line.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
Describe the ideal candidate here.