Senior Frontend Software Engineer II
Place of work: Warsaw (flexible hybrid) or fully remote
Salary: 20 000 - 26 000 net B2B
Dev team: 25+ engineers, 15+ services
Stack: Typescript / React / MobX / Vitest / WebGL / Canvas / Astro / Ruby on Rails / Node.js / Directus / Next / GitHub CI / Datadog / Sentry / AWS / EKS K8s / Helm
Meet Packhelp. We're an international group of over 160 professionals who are helping nearly 50,000 companies across the World. On the outside, we’re a packaging company, but look a little closer and you’ll see we’re one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe that have raised over €50M from leading international investors.
We're on our journey to become a leading global packaging marketplace. That is why we are looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Software Engineer II to join our ranks and be willing to build great apps and pages for our users!
Your work will include
- Evolve and maintain our state-of-the-art 3D-model editor that enables our clients to design packaging in the browser
- Scope and stage work into well-defined milestones to avoid monolithic deliverables
- Identify and proactively tackle technical debt
- Own the technical testing and performance plan for your projects
- Provide technical advice and weigh in on technical decisions that impact broad system architecture
- Discover and implement business logic on event storming sessions in the spirit of Domain Driven Design
- Make others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance and mentoring
- Hands-on, 3+ years of experience with React or similar frontend library
- Excellent knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Building performant websites: lighthouse, profiling, API call optimisation, caching, image optimisation
- Building UIs with reasonable a11y scores
- Practical experience writing test with tools like vitest, playwright or alike
- Knowledge and understating of bundle optimization, tree shaking and frontend build tooling: ESM, rollup, tsconfig, asset handling etc.
- Ability to write code with DRY, SOLID and KISS
- Good communication skills in written and verbal forms (English B2, Polish B2), and an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a range of technical and non-technical audiences (management, peers, clients)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Three.js or Fabric.js
- Understanding how WebGL and CanvasAPI works
- Experience with Directus CMS
- Experience with SSR and frameworks like Astro, Remix, Next
About this position
You will work in a customer facing product team of up to 7 people, with dedicated engineering manager, product manager, designer and QA specialist. Your main focus will be our 3D editor (https://tinyurl.com/3D-Editor), which allows our customers to design their own, beautiful packaging in mere minutes, and our headless CMS (Directus).
Using our range of monitoring tools (Datadog, Sentry, Calibre), together with our Site Reliability Engineering team, you'll also be responsible for making sure that our applications meet our stability and performance criteria - to guarantee that our customers have excellent experience navigating our site.
We believe in open and honest communication and put effort into building a healthy engineering culture, where each individual can be a part of the discussion. We focus on looking for solutions to engineering as well as business problems, and we're not interested in witch hunts and bickering.
If you'd like to be an active part of one of our core engineering teams - this position is for you!
Our engineering values
- Business problem is a real problem → We are partner for business
- Be pragmatic and make it possible
- We are data driven
- You own it you run it
- Learn, develop and share
- Top-notch HQ – 2500 square meters filled with tech and goodies such as a barista, lunches, and brunches! All in a great location, close to the city center and with access to free parking spaces
- Remote-friendly workplace – hybrid or remote model of work (depending on your location) and all the resources you need to set up your home office
- The best possible tools – easy access to the latest technology, our own apps, a Macbook, and industry-standard software
- Health & Wellness – private healthcare, life insurance, weekly massage sessions, mental health support, and a subsidized MultiSport card
- Fair compensation – performance-based pay raises and bonuses for employee referrals
- Career development – internal workshops, training sessions, and your own personal learning budget
- Work from the places you love most – possibility to work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 90 days a year****
- Vacation & time off – 26 paid vacation days and 1 extra Better Future Day for actively making our world a better place
More about us:
We are experts in the unboxing experience. E-commerce is growing and so do packaging needs of all business types. We help brands to find and design the right, sustainable and affordable packaging solutions by building tools like our online editor, automated quoting system, packaging listing of over 200 customizable and stock products, and many more. Also we help in production and logistics by automating mundane tasks.
While Packhelp HQ is based in Poland, our thriving community of product engineers, creatives, marketers, and more work around the globe in countries such as Spain, France, and the Netherlands. In 2021, we revamped the Packhelp office to be an inclusive, supportive, and engaging space, no matter where our awesome employees are based. Come and see for yourself!
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING INFORMATION CLAUSE FOR JOB OR COOPERATION CANDIDATES
Pursuant to Art. 13(1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27/04/2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (OJ L 119, p. 1), hereinafter: “GDPR”, I hereby inform you that:
1. The controller of your personal data is Packhelp S.A. based in Warsaw, ul. Kolejowa 5/7, 01-217 Warsaw, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Commercial Division of the National Court Register (KRS) under KRS number: 0000831872, NIP: 1231308129, REGON: 362932312 (hereinafter: “Controller”),
2. Direct contact with the Controller is possible at the Controller’s address: ul. Julianowska 61, 05-500 Piaseczno or at the e-mail address: email@example.com,
3. The Controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted in personal data protection matters at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org,
4. Your personal data will be processed:
- in the case of recruitment for the position indicated in the advertisement, to conclude an employment contract under the provisions of the Labour Code, i.e. pursuant to Art. 6(1)(b) and (c) of the GDPR in connection with Art. 221§ 1 of the Labour Code regarding first and last name, date of birth, contact details, education, professional qualifications and previous employment, and regarding personal data categories other than the above-mentioned ones, such data will be processed on the basis of your consent, i.e. pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR,
- in the case of recruitment for the position indicated in the advertisement for the purposes of concluding a civil law contract, on the basis of your consent, i.e. pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR,
- in the case of your consent, for the purpose of future recruitment processes, i.e. pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR.
5. Your personal data may be made available to entities supporting the Controller in its activities on our behalf, in particular to providers of IT and hosting services and tools, entities providing legal services, entities supporting the recruitment procedure, as well as the Controller’s associates and employees to the extent to which they are authorised to process your personal data in connection with the recruitment procedure, while it is possible to transfer data to a third country, where any of the above-mentioned entities processes data in a third country and only in a situation where the relevant legal requirements are met, i.e. when the European Commission has established an adequate level of protection or through contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or in the presence of appropriate safeguards about which you may be informed,
6. Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary for participation in the recruitment process, to the extent required by the provisions of the Labour version 2.0Packhelp S.A. based in Warsaw ul. Kolejowa 5/7, 01-217 Warsaw, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, 13th Commercial Division of the National Court Register (KRS) under KRS number: 0000831872, NIP: 1231308129, REGON: 362932312 Code. Otherwise, the provision of your personal data is voluntary, and in the case of personal data processing on the basis of consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
7. Your personal data will be processed for the duration of the recruitment process, and for a period of 2 years after its completion (for the purposes of future recruitment), provided that you consent to it.
In connection with your personal data processing, you have the following rights:
1. the right to access your data and receive copies thereof,
2. the right to rectify (correct) your data,
3. the right to erase data (if, in your opinion, there are no grounds for processing of your personal data, you may request their erasure),
4. the right to restrict the personal data processing (you may request the restriction of your personal processing only to their storage or the performance of the agreed actions if, in your opinion, we have incorrect data or we process them without legal grounds, or you do not want us to erase them because you need them for the purpose of exercising or defending claims or for the duration of an objection made regarding the processing of data,
5. the right to object to data processing,
6. the right to data portability (you have the right to receive from us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, your personal data, which have been provided to us on the basis of your consent or on the basis of the concluded contract, and you may request that such data be sent directly to another entity,
7. the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (if you believe that we process your personal data unlawfully, you may file a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office or another competent supervisory authority),
8. the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data (at any time you may withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data on the basis of your consent, and the withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal).
Personal data will be processed both in paper and electronic form – in IT systems, however, the Controller will not make automated decisions (including in the form of profiling).