Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Oze means business and the growth of it. We’re passionate about enabling small
businesses and local ownership to grow with technology, particularly in emerging markets.
That's why we're starting in Africa.
By providing small businesses with the data they need to make decisions, Oze enables
investment readiness and a chance for a local economy to assert itself on a global stage.
We are looking for people who are passionate about leveraging technology and designing for
Oze’s Core Values:
1. Small Businesses
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Full-Stack Developer to join and lead one of our scrum
teams that are building next-generation business intelligence software for small businesses.
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience of leading teams and developing
Spring Boot, and be very familiar with Scrum, TDD, and CI.
● Design, develop, test, and maintain back-end RESTful APIs using Java and Spring
● Help refine and adhere to our coding standards, best practices, and guidelines to
ensure code quality and maintainability.
● Collaborate with product managers and other stakeholders to understand requirements,
and contribute to architectural discussions and design decisions.
● Champion Test-Driven Development (TDD) principles, write unit tests and
integration tests to ensure software robustness, reliability, and maintainability.
● Ensure your team follows our end-to-end SDLC (based on scrum) and helps drive
efficiency and productivity by helping track appropriate metrics and identifying areas
for improvement and helping implement them.
● Contribute to and guide your team in producing appropriate (pragmatic and
concise) technical documentation.
● Help troubleshoot and resolve issues with production systems.
● Provide technical leadership and mentorship to less experienced developers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and growth within the team
● Ensure your team remains happy, engaged, and motivated.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
● You have accumulated considerable knowledge and experience of software
development (front-end and back-end) through a strong, relevant engineering
degree and at least 5+ years of relevant working experience.
● You have 3+ years of experience in Java development with Spring Boot and JPA.
● You have 2+ years of experience in front-end development with React.
● You are well-versed in TDD, unit testing, and CI.
● You have worked as a member of a scrum team and you have a good working
knowledge of the key principles of scrum and agile methodologies in general.
● You are intimately familiar with good development practices and principles, such as
SOLID, DRY, and design patterns
● You have worked with both relational and NoSQL databases and have a good working
knowledge of SQL.
● Familiarity with AWS is desired but not essential