Staff Software Engineer - BE
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
- As Staff Software Engineer provides the strategic and technical vision.
- Contributes to plans for developing new and significant product opportunities and/or for expanding existing efforts
- Expected to identify and evaluate implications of engineering advances for business opportunities.
- Contributes to defining the vision and leads engineering efficiency efforts across the onetrust products.
- Participate in strategic discussions on programs impactful for the company, help with career growth of your team members, assess other technical leaders for promotion readiness, influence other Director / VP organizations
- Has deep knowledge of entire system and design solutions to large complex features affecting multiple systems and/or third-party integrations.
- Sets product direction and has ownership over large components. Thinks both strategically and tactically, keeping in mind both technical goals and company goals.
- Given long term strategic goals, and trusted advisor from a customer perspective. Champions customer insights and provides innovative solutions to customer requests.
- Recognizes trends and industry directions and takes proactive measures to influence product and engineering roadmap.
- Build strong relationships in their own team and across the company. Understands multiple points of view and drives a process to conclusions quickly and respectfully.
- Mentor others with high-level technical guidance. Improve the company’s technical prowess.
- Put customers first and set strategic short-term targets.
- Design and build high-performance systems.
- Create and support architectural models and technical design documentation, which includes current and future state process flows, applications/database objects, specifications that detail proposed database and/or data integration implementations.
- Conceives product and service architecture.
- Ensures scalability, availability, reliability, and ease of operations.
- Recommending recent technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects.
- Mentoring/training an engineering community on development best practices.
- Research and collect product information and support the development of specifications and requirements for consideration.
- High technical and/or technological competence
- Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree or above in computer science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum of 16+ years of hands-on experience with Java based development projects using RESTful APIs, SpringBoot, Micro services.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Extensive experience in building distributed and parallel data processing platforms.
- Extensive Data Engineering experience in building low-latency, high throughput Data Pipelines that power Data Lake and Data Warehouse Solutions.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures, and distributed algorithms.
- Experience with fault tolerant message queuing/brokering systems (e.g., AMQ, RabbitMQ, zeromq, Kafka)
- Experience in designing data streaming and event-based data solutions using Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, Spark or similar frameworks.
- Experience using different storage technologies such as MongoDB, Cassandra, CockroachDB, CouchDB
- Experience in integrating application with indexed search services such as Elasticsearch, Solr
- In-depth knowledge of system programming.
- Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on development best practices.
- Ability to create and support architectural models and technical design documentation, which includes current and future state process flows, applications/database objects, specifications that detail proposed database and/or data integration implementations.
- Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Expertise with running web services at scale.
- Deep understanding of system performance tradeoffs, load balancing, and engineering for high availability.
- Experience with serverless computing, Lambda functions, and cloud-based event-driven architectures.
- Understanding of graph data modeling, graph schema development, graph data design
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.