Principal Software Engineer
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
- As a principal engineer, your job is to solve larger problems and translate somewhat vague problems into a set of actionable items.
- You will need to understand the problem, the business impact and see how it can be improved. It might require you to design new services, change existing services
- Has mastered development best practices. Understands the limits of our tools and when a problem that exceeds those limits deserves the effort of producing a new tool.
- Understands the scope and relationships of large features and production stack for their area. Has subject matter expertise on multiple components.
- Has a strong understanding of all modules/services relevant to own areas of expertise.
- Performs expert programming tasks. Handles large-scale technical debt and refactoring. Shapes coding methodologies and best practices.
- Participates in code reviews and can sign-off on large features. Can sign off on test plans.
- Given a large, poorly understood problem, can explore the solution space (possibly with numerous POCs) to determine correct course of action. Participates in and supports initiatives outside of main area of responsibility. Provides technical leadership for projects including 1–2 individuals.
- Designing, coding, and debugging software.
- Improving the performance of existing software.
- Providing training to other engineers.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software.
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects.
- Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
- High technical and/or technological competence
- Understand and explain the big picture.
- Effective communication & coaching skills
- Proactive, flexible, result-driven, with a “can do” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 7-10 years of experience developing Java / MVC / Angular or equivalent, enterprise applications (both UI and
- back-end services) along with a strong understanding of architecture and data management.
- Technical / project lead, architecture, and other experience desired.
- Strong expertise in object oriented, structured, Web/Internet, business process, Web Service, XML, OOA /
- OOP design patterns.
- Services/APIs and SQL.
- Experience using an MVC framework (MS MVC, AngularJS, Backbone.JS, Razor Framework, Spring
- Database experience with SQL Server including design, development, and data processing (OLTP, batch
- processing, ETL, reporting, etc.).
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment, and able to adapt effectively and quickly to a rapidly changing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or comfort working in a startup environment.
- Team player
- Recognized as subject matter expert and advanced individual contributor professional.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Expertise on Security standards SSO, Access Control, Certificate Management, Authentication, OWASP
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.