Quality Engineer - SDET
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
- This is a hands-on testing and automation role. In this role, the resource is closely working with the product team to understand the functionality being developed and writes an automation test to make sure it meets the acceptance criteria.
- In this role, the resource runs the automated scripts associated with each product team and tweak the scripts where necessary.
- The role evaluates continuous improvement by looking at ineffective automated tests and works with the team to get them updated to stay current towards rapid delivery patterns
- This role understands customer use cases and usage models in production to begin incorporating the right automated tests in the release pipeline
- Attend daily team standup
- Attend team sprint ceremonies.
- Provide periodic updates
- Evaluate build quality by examining the test results from build acceptance tests in continuously deployed environments, multiple times a day
- Raise defects found during the evaluation and work with the development teams to get them resolved
- Add, maintain and update scripts in existing automation suite.
- Help existing automation engineers/SDETs by taking up some of their work whenever required
- Support other resources within the team, as seen fit, based on skillset
- Help improve the extent of automation in the team by evaluating all opportunities from testing code to continuous deployment
- Help strengthen the test framework and reusable libraries, based on skillset
- Participate in production deployments by executing the automation suite, share findings and inform the team about any issues
- Continuously learn the system by being hands on and testing the product
- Use critical thought to help identify gaps or defects
- Use communication and natural curiosity to provide trusted and highly valuable feedback
- Automate and test the product features being built with great attention to detail, in order to provide a high-quality deliverable that meets users' expectations.
- Test the product for stability and security before it is rolled out to production
- Use the understanding gained to ask appropriate questions and strengthen the design
- Use shift-left mindset to provide early feedback to developers to improve quality of the deliverable
- Provide automation solution for varying requirements in the product team, starting from testing code to deployments
- Provide solutions for enhancing and maintain the test automation framework to support scale and growth of resources and technology
- Is a quick self-guided, independent learner. Does not depend on the mentor/buddy/manager for repeated sessions. Does enough homework before asking the necessary questions.
- Is productive within a month of joining the company. The team is aware of this individual and begins to include them for more work. Unearths good defects and can ask the right questions
- Effective collaborator. Speaks clearly and succinctly in standups and clearly indicates the status of tasks assigned
- Great team player with high energy who is very efficient, effective and reliable
- The tests conducted by the resource is comprehensive and does not lead to too many escaped defects to production
- Continuously refine tests to adapt to customer personas and usage from production
- Continuously adapt the test framework to it scalable and reliable
- Exhibits analytical and critical thinking skills
- Has a healthy and professional attitude
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Clear understanding of the fundamental principles of computer science and technology
- 1+ years of experience in testing software applications
- 1+ years of experience in any of the defect tracking tools like JIRA and test tracking tools like Qtest , ALM, Qmetry
- 1+ years of experience in Selenium for automating UI of the application
- 1+ years of experience with REST Assured or similar tools for automating APIs
- 1+ years of experience with database testing (SQL/NoSQL)
- Skilled coding in Java with practical knowledge of OOPs and core Java principles
- Ability to troubleshoot failures using browser console, logs and raise defects to the right module
- Ability to organize work, separate noise from true failures
- Familiarity with Agile principles
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and solve problems independently
- Passion for high quality work and attention to detail
- Has worked in product roles within a company that has adopted Agile development methodologies
- Is very familiar with the technology components used within OneTrust stack, like Azure cloud services, java microservices, ingesting and understanding logs using ELK
- Has worked in a devops mindset and can influence the right levels of automation
- Clearly demonstrates critical thinking while simultaneously solving customer use cases
- Has been involved in customer support and clearly understands influence of data and test patterns
- Clear mindset on Shift-left principles
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.