Principal Quality Engineer - SDET
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a Principal level SDET to support our product development teams. As the Principal SDET, you will play a crucial role in shaping and leading our software testing strategy. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing robust test automation frameworks, mentoring a team of SDETs (Software Development Engineer in Test), and ensuring the overall quality and reliability of our software products.
As a Principal SDET, you will:
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the SDET team.
- Collaborate with development and QE (Quality Engineering) teams to integrate testing into the software development process.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable and efficient test automation frameworks and test architectures.
- Rub shoulders with developers in writing unit and integration tests using their tools and frameworks.
- Ensure the frameworks support various testing types, including functional, integration, and performance testing.
- Mentor and guide junior SDETs, providing technical expertise and career development support.
- Conduct training sessions to enhance the skills of the testing team.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning within the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop comprehensive test plans.
- Execute and oversee the execution of test cases, ensuring thorough coverage of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Analyze test results and provide meaningful insights to improve product quality.
- Work closely with developers, product managers, and other stakeholders to understand requirements and user stories.
- Communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders, providing clear updates on testing progress and issues.
- Add, maintain, and update scripts in existing automation suite, helping with running the suite across various checkpoints in the release cycle.
- Participate in various POCs (Proof of Concept) to keep the automation framework and technology relevant and current to product offerings.
- Conduct peer reviews of test code and automation frameworks.
- You are a seasoned SDET with an automate anything anywhere attitude who is looking for a challenging technical leadership role in a dynamic and innovative company.
- You can efficiently find the underlying cause of a failure (in an integrated environment) and alert the right team.
- You are consistently willing to pitch in to support a long running deployment, even after hours.
- You are willing to learn and pick up new skillsets to support the ever-changing technology landscape like Cloud computing & AI (Artificial Intelligence).
- You can understand complex product and deployment architectures and create efficient test solutions.
- You want to be part of a team that is passionate about delivering high-quality software solutions.
Your Experience Includes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field.
- 10+ years of relevant experience working as a developer, automation engineer or SDET.
- 8+ years of experience coding in Java and must have strong practical knowledge of OOPs and Core Java principles.
- 4+ years of experience contributing to Test-Driven Development or BDD (Behavior Driven Development) with tools like Cucumber, Junit, Mockito, or TestNG.
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Circle CI, or Azure DevOps with the ability to create test pipelines using Java or Groovy.
- 4+ years of experience with Selenium or Cypress frameworks for automating GUI (User Interface) and E2E tests of the application.
- 4+ years of experience with REST Assured or similar tools like Postman for automating APIs.
- 4+ years of experience working in a highly automated CI/CD environment.
- 4+ years of experience with source control tools such as Bitbucket, GitHub or GitLab.
- 2+ years of experience mining meaningful logs for troubleshooting using tools like Splunk, Dynatrace or Coralogix.
- 3+ years of experience working in a cloud shop preferably Azure with exposure to various Azure services like Gateways, Redis, Storage, VMs (virtual machines) and Kubernetes clusters.
- 3+ years of experience in testing mobile applications, both native and websites using Appium on both real devices and simulators either in a private farm of 3rd party vendors like Sauce Labs or BrowserStack.
- 4+ years of experience working with geographically distributed teams in US, Canada, and India.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, solve problems independently and mentor others.
- Passion for high quality work and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Prior exposure to AI/ML systems and how to use them in testing thus making test pipeline more intelligent.
- Experience in analyzing the CPU Utilization, Memory usage, Network usage, Garbage Collection and DB Parameters and DB Reports to verify the performance of the applications.
- Ability to spin up scalable test architecture using Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with Kubernetes and extended usage patterns for test grids, auto scale properties.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.