Director, Global Event Marketing
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
The OneTrust Global Demand Marketing team is looking for an experienced and creative leader to head our global events program. Events are a critical part of our growth and business objectives, helping fuel top of funnel, increase OneTrust recognition, generate pipeline, and drive customer satisfaction and loyalty. The program spans high-profile industry tradeshows, regional event opportunities, and hosted experiences in all global markets across North & South America, Europe, and APJ.
In addition to driving the strategy, development and execution of our events program, the ideal candidate will have experience building and leading speaking engagement programs, including the research and proposal process for open calls. Confidence gathering and managing cross-functional stakeholders to put forth the most compelling session topics we can, is key.
This leader must be detail oriented, organized, and a strategic thinker who understands the business and evolving priorities and how they apply to events in ways that deliver strong ROI. They’re able to work effectively as part of a team, drive stakeholder alignment, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. They’ll build, develop, and mentor a team of global event marketers and help us bring excitement, innovation and excellence to our events worldwide.
- Lead OneTrust’s global event marketing team
- Own the development of the global events strategy and oversee the successful execution of third-party tradeshows, regional executive events, and hosted experiences.
- Instill a culture of experimentation, constantly striving to test and innovate.
- Oversee the budget ensuring appropriate cost controls and negotiations with vendors and partners
- Drive stakeholder alignment and collaboration. Manage timely communications to internal partners, including executives, throughout all phases of the event programs.
- Articulate key business value for all recommendations/decisions, develop appropriate KPIs and establish regular cadence of analysis and reporting.
- Creatively leverage OneTrust communities and partners to amplify and further event programs.
- Build out OneTrust’s paid and earned speaking engagement program, including research, proposals, content development and KPI reporting, in close collaboration with key internal teams like our Center of Excellence, Customer Success and Sales Teams, Marketing Communications and Content, and our Executive leadership
- Work jointly with the head of marketing operations to mature our event marketing tech stack.
- Drive standardization and improve efficiency of our global event processes.
- Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability to the team and company
- Experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders across the globe.
- Excellent time management, creative development, resource management and planning skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail, demanding excellence in every deliverable
- Team-player and builder who can execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment; strong decision maker with the ability to reorient teams and drive execution cross-functionally when priorities change or are ambiguous
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; a natural storyteller and creative problem solver; a collaborator with constant curiosity and learning mentality
- Passion for working in a lean, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine processes
- An energetic and can-do attitude with ability to rally teams around an initiative
Your experience includes:
- 15+ years’ experience in event strategy; B2B SaaS is highly preferred
- 8+ years’ experience managing a team, including agency partners
- Bachelor’s in marketing, business, or related field experience
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar event budget and negotiating large contracts.
- Experience and knowledge of project management principles, methodologies and tools
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of audiences at all levels of seniority, across functions and geographies – a strong presence and experience in presenting to senior audiences
- Must have a positive and friendly manner, with a strong service orientation, high degree of flexibility, and ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical skills, able to translate data-driven insights into marketing strategy recommendations.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.