Principal Software Engineer
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
- As Senior Principal Software Engineer develop strategic methods and principles to improve the technical stability and efficiency of the company's products/services.
- You lead and influence several teams and initiatives
- Has deep knowledge of entire system and can jump into code in any component and fire fight and contribute. Makes decisions on product direction and internals based on deep subject matter knowledge.
- Sets product direction and has ownership over large components. Thinks both strategically and tactically, keeping in mind both technical goals and company goals.
- Given long term strategic goals, can lay out a path across many versions. Participates in and supports initiatives outside of main area of responsibility. Provides technical leadership for projects including 3–4 individuals.
- Builds strong relationships in their own team and across the company. Understands multiple points of view and drives a process to conclusions in a timely and respectful manner.
- Mentor others with high-level technical guidance. Improve the company’s technical prowess. Put customers first and set strategic short-term targets. Take up open-ended problems.
- Designing, coding, and debugging software.
- Improving the performance of existing software.
- Providing training to other engineers.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software.
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects.
- Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
- Work with testing team to develop performance test plans and cases.
- Research and collect product information and support the development of specifications and requirements for consideration.
- High technical and/or technological competence
- Strong documentation, analytical and problem-solving skills
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum of 10+ years of hands-on experience with Java based development projects using RESTful APIs, SpringBoot, Micro services.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proven experience in high-level programming languages, like Java.
- Proven experience in software development methodologies.
- Proven experience building complex web systems.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Expertise with running web services at scale.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.