Senior Software Engineer - BE
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
- An awareness of current issues affecting industry and its technologies.
- Create innovative, scalable, fault-tolerant software solutions for our clients and customer base.
- Expand existing software to meet the changing needs of our key demographics.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications (cloud and/or in-house).
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in the full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for implementation.
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Provide support for scoping and key project estimates.
- Develop test cases to be executed during development.
- Conduct peer reviews.
- Contribute to sprint planning and participate in daily scrums, sprint retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Mentor junior software developers
- Stay current on modern software development best practices, emerging technologies, and design patterns and contribute to thought leadership efforts
- Has in-depth understanding of development best practices.
- Has mastered the tools needed to debug and diagnose issues in any type of environment.
- Understands the scope and relationships of large features and production stack for their area.
- Has subject matter expertise in at least one component. Has a good understanding of all components of their product/module.
- Performs complex programming tasks. Participates in code reviews and can sign off on small features. Writes and executes test plans. Can write functional specifications for small features.
- Given a medium to large understood problem, can design, implement and deploy to production a solution.
- Shows initiative and offers assistance when needed without being asked.
- Delivers feedback in a constructive manner. Provides guidance to entry-level engineers. Works well with technical leads, incorporating feedback as needed. Helps focus discussion on important aspects.
- Work independently. Advise QA and deliver bug-free products. Take on complex projects. Mentor junior engineers. Spot and fix issues not assigned to you.
- A team-player and enjoy collaboration.
- Passionate about high quality work and attention to detail
- Proactive about identifying problems.
- Learns to analyze the impact of ideas and solutions.
- Develops skills to handle changing situations, new ideas, and ambiguity.
- Stay current on modern software development best practices, emerging technologies, and design patterns and contribute to thought leadership efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 4-8 years of development experience with Java Web/Enterprise projects
- Hands on experience in Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, JPA, Hibernate, Azure SQL, Azure Cache (Redis), Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Blob Storage, MongoDB or Azure Cosmos
- Hands on experience of development and support of enterprise level cloud native application
- Hands on experience of Java Microservices architecture
- Should have worked with Azure Cloud Services
- Hands on experience of Continuous integration and Continuous Development
- Experience with MS SQL database applications with writing complex SQL queries
- Experience in implementing Junit tests using Mock object frameworks like Mockito and working with code review tools such as SonarQube, SonarLint
- Master's degree in computer science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- Awareness on NoSQL database
- Awareness on Job scheduler, Elasticsearch, AWS, Apache Kafka.
- Awareness of integration platforms
- Awareness of frontend technologies
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.