Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
The OneTrust Privacy Counsel is a member of the OneTrust Global Privacy Team which requires an individual with legal expertise who can translate that expertise into practical advice. The Global Privacy Team is a dynamic group that contributes to product discussions, maintains the content found within the OneTrust platform, maintains OneTrust’s global compliance program, and produces white papers, blog posts, webinars, and training materials about important privacy and security-related topics. The individual in this position needs to be able to quickly and thoughtfully produce that content. A familiarity with privacy law and related experience is also essential. An excellent working knowledge of the GDPR and CCPA is necessary, and a CIPP/E, CIPP/US or CIPP/M is preferred.
- Provide in-house advice for Product content development.
- Provide internal compliance support.
- Liaise with Product and Engineering teams and carry out interdisciplinary work for the improvement of our tools.
- Design PoC and frameworks for specific jurisdictions and make sure of the accuracy of the building blocks of our compliance technology (e.g., review and add controls across work streams).
- Build and handle work-streams that may include a combination of Data Mapping & RoPA; Third Party Risk Management; Privacy Notice; Incident Management; Assessments (PIAs, TIAs, PbD); Data Subjects Requests; Cookies and Consent.
- Work on the legal foundations of the tools we offer and draft documents such as white papers to record the overlap between our tools and the laws our tech is subject to.
- Lead individual projects related to our CMP, AI governance tools, Data Mapping & RoPA, Assessment Automation (PIAs, TIAs, PbD), etc.
- Leverage the skills of the Privacy Associates by delegating and coordinating the execution of tasks.
- Carry out gap analyses and design solutions to bridge those gaps and improve our product.
- Active engagement in customer support activities related to Privacy and Data Governance as well as AI across the modules we offer and draft tailored best practices.
- Active participation in events and webinars as speaker/moderator.
- Review content of marketing materials for accuracy.
Your Experience Includes
- A Juris Doctor degree or equivalent (LLM) from an accredited law school
- + 3 years of experience in privacy and data protection law in-house, in a think tank, a trade association, university, consulting, law-firm, or a similar role.
- A solid understanding of the NIST Privacy Framework, the US Privacy Landscape, mastery of EU privacy and DP law, as well as other relevant frameworks, standards, and regulations.
- A strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, databases, web technologies, cloud computing, big data, artificial intelligence, etc.
- Experience using the OneTrust platform.
- IAPP certifications are a must CIPP/E or CIPP/US + CIPM or CIPT.
- Availability to travel internationally (10% - 20%).
- Ability to multitask and maintain a fast pace.
- Qualification to practise law in any jurisdiction is a plus.
- Fluency in more than one language preferred.
- Proactive and curious with a genuine interest in communications technologies, compliance software, the cloud environment and SaaS, AI, and have a good grasp of their underlying mechanics.
- Experience tinkering with AI (know what prompts to use, how to best leverage LLMs to produce high quality content, designing learning models, etc.).
- Any other privacy or AI-related certifications.
- Experience participating in internal and external audits.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively in a team, cross-functionally with other teams, and across multiple jurisdictions.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.