Senior Principal Data Scientist
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
We are hiring a Senior Principal Data Scientist who will design and develop new quantitative models that will analyze and classify data to optimize the OneTrust privacy and security programs.
Use large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Set the vision for developing complex analytics, data classification and NLP technologies
- Bring technical rigor and have ability to take ownership by crafting and driving the vision forward
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development
- Develop statistical models and simulations to measure and optimize privacy and security risk models for predictive analytics
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for driving new business solutions
Adept at using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. Possess a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. Passionate about discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Your Experience Includes
- PhD or Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, financial engineering)
- 12+ years of relevant experience in designing quantitative models to assess business risks and/or data classification modeling
- Experience using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience with Azure, AWS or similar cloud computing environment
- Expertise with machine learning, data mining, and (robust) statistics
- Strong understanding of data classification, sensitivity, PII, and personal data modeling techniques
- Experience in designing data pipelines and products for real world applications
- Experience with modern/emerging scalable computing platforms and languages (e.g. Spark)
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.