Senior Director, Software Engineering
Strength in Trust
OneTrust is the trust intelligence cloud platform organizations use to transform trust from an abstract concept into a measurable competitive advantage. Organizations globally use OneTrust to enable the responsible use of data while protecting the privacy rights of individuals, implement and report on their cyber security program, make their social impact goals a reality, and create a speak up culture of trust. Over 14,000 customers use OneTrust's technology, including half of the Global 2,000. OneTrust currently ranks #24 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list of top private cloud companies in the world and employs over 2,000 people in regions across North America, South America, Asia, Europe, and Australia.
- Directors of Engineering at OneTrust will make long-term strategic and technical contributions. These individuals set strategic goals for the team, hire engineers, and prioritize projects. You'll be involved technically too. Developing new products, identifying requirements, and executing with excellence.
- Drive strategic planning and execution while developing key technologies that will enhance OneTrust's long-term, proprietary strategic position. Create new concepts from initial design all the way to market release.
Experienced overseeing end-to end-development activities while monitoring reliability and performance of all internal systems and suggesting improvements when required. You will ensure compliance with security regulations while managing software development projects by setting requirements, goals, and timelines.
- Designing strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resource availability
- Implementing innovative technologies
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing technical oversight to your team
- Ensuring projects are delivered according to schedule
- Good at finding opportunities to improve development processes
- Experienced building out onboarding and mentoring programs to teach and train other engineers in order to incubate individual and team growth
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum of 15+ years of engineering experience with a strong track record of successful development and delivery of complex, enterprise-class software that results in material market impact
- Recent experience in development, operations, troubleshooting, and managing teams
- Experience building cloud services
- Understanding of how to operate in a DevOps model
- Proven critical thinking and advanced analytical skills and qualities
- Strong consulting skills and tactful conflict management skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- System design and architecture experience
- Design and architecting large complex distributed systems
- Deep knowledge of data structures and programming
- Ability to think of various Algorithms, given a problem
- Solid understanding of agile software development lifecycle
- Ability to influence and build collaborative teams
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.