Principal Product Manager - Data Discovery
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we help businesses around the world to make trust a competitive advantage. Our category-defining enterprise platform enables organizations to operationalize trust across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics, and compliance, and ESG.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to join our dynamic and collaborative product organization. The Principal Product Manager for Data Discovery will define and prioritize the product roadmap, and will lead execution delivering the capabilities privacy, Security, and Data Governance professionals use to understand, control and protect their sensitive data. As a critical member of the Data Discovery business unit, the successful product manager will help drive the governance business forward by leveraging market expertise and creativity to define our next generation of solutions.
- Champion the client and user experience, from product design to development and delivery to market, ensuring adoption, value delivery, and client satisfaction.
- Leverage data and customer research to identify opportunities and develop product plans addressing them.
- Lead geographically distributed cross-functional teams with clear purpose and ownership to deliver key insights, tools, and features.
- Drive product initiatives and ensure alignment across product and GTM teams, contributing to the GTM plan in collaboration with Product Marketing, Sales, and Partner teams.
- Outline product strategy focusing on customer value, competitive position, and business value, and translate those into product goals and themes improving product adoption and value realization.
- Set and clearly communicate roadmap & development objectives, needs, and status of projects to internal stakeholders and customers.
- Create formal networks with key decision-makers within the data privacy and compliance ecosystem.
A subject matter expert in technology and the enterprise data ecosystem who can handle significant complexity in your role and exercise independent and sound judgement. Someone who thrives under pressure in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple personas and prioritize competing tasks and deadlines to deliver on aggressive timelines. You are capable of supervising activities, projects, and teams.
Your Experience Includes:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field
- 12 - 16 years of relevant experience in an enterprise software development environment
- A minimum of 7 years as a Product Manager, with a preference for those experienced in preferably in the data governance, data privacy, data security, or related industry.
- Strong understanding of data governance, data posture management, data security concepts.
- Technical competence in data warehouses, identity, security products and technologies
- Demonstrable experience and expertise developing technical solutions that integrate with enterprise applications.
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams and influencing conversations to drive positive outcomes for the product and the business.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to know when it’s necessary to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Well versed in enterprise data systems such as SQL , NoSQL, streaming platforms, API web apps , and file systems.
- Experience with data lakes such as Snowflake, Redshift, Mongo, Azure Data Lake, Data Bricks, or Hadoop.
- Background in security with a focus on data crawling , aggregation , or OSINT.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.