Director, Assistant General Counsel, Global Partnerships
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we help businesses around the world to make trust a competitive advantage. Our category-defining enterprise platform enables organizations to operationalize trust across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics, and compliance, and ESG.
We are looking for someone who is resourceful, action-oriented, and tech-savvy. This position will rely heavily on your ability to adeptly manage multiple, competing priorities and problem solve in a fast-paced environment. You are organized, work effectively across all levels, possess great communication skills, and can shift gears at a moment's notice. You have excellent judgment and can make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment. You enjoy the challenge of designing and building effective solutions and great teams.
What You'll Do:
- Handle a wide range of commercial agreements including drafting, negotiating, and reviewing and advising on B2B SaaS reseller agreements, subscription agreements, strategic partnership agreements, online terms and conditions, professional services and consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, DPAs and others as needed.
- Act as a trusted advisor to OneTrust's global partner teams; providing business savvy advice on contracts, transactions and initiatives and aligning closely with business leaders to provide strategic advice that drives business results.
- Collaborate with counterparties such as partners and vendors on contract negotiations to enable business success.
- Develop,support and continuously improve templates, playbooks, and related contracting tools and processes.
- Identify other opportunities for improvement in processes, tools, templates, policies, training, knowledge management, risk, compliance, or other related areas to ensure the efficiency and velocity of customer, partner and vendor contracting. Help scale, design, and implement those improvements, and generally drive development of company policies, processes and procedures to help support a rapidly growing global business.
- Provide effective training to business stakeholders across the company, including training them on legal and compliance issues.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, including with Product, Sales, Marketing, People, Security, Finance, Support, Deal Desk, and Privacy, to provide practical and decisive guidance to support OneTrust's efficient execution of business critical tasks, acceleration of revenue generation and reduction of risk.
- Negotiate fair and market standard terms for confidential information, indemnification, liability, proprietary rights, security and data privacy.
- Have ownership and oversight of partner contract negotiations, making significant decisions regarding legal and compliance risks. Provide time-sensitive, practical legal and contracting advice to internal stakeholders on contract interpretation, risks and appropriate resolution strategy.
- Conduct legal analysis and proactively recognize potential legal and compliance issues.
- Support the risk management function and regulatory compliance, including identifying and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage and assist with special projects.
- Strong technology background and experience with B2B / Enterprise SaaS products and SaaS transactional work.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is required, you can prioritize responsibilities and deadlines for multiple projects and drive them to conclusion.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity, with excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- 12+ years law practice in a law firm or in-house corporate legal department of a software or other technology company (SaaS experience strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to influence across multiple businesses and legal functions.
- Comfortable working independently, adhering to established process, and able to recognize when you need guidance, and when to accommodate the business with flexibility.
- Thrives in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Excited to drive contracts to closure and comfortable partnering with clients in sales, where you will work on multiple deals at the same time while meeting tight deadlines.
- Familiar with SaaS and related technology areas, including privacy and intellectual property.
- Operational experience with contract life cycle management systems, procedures, processes, and tools.
- Experience servicing as a primary point-of-contact and strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally & build enduring partnerships.
- Licensed to practice law and have a JD with current State bar admission in the U.S.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.