Principal Dev Ops Engineer
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we help businesses around the world to make trust a competitive advantage. Our category-defining enterprise platform enables organizations to operationalize trust across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics, and compliance, and ESG.
We are hiring a Principal DevOps Engineer who will manage development and production environments. This person will contribute to productizing new software by developing installation, deployment and maintenance scripts.
To develop and maintain an understanding of the software development and deployment pipeline - including continuous integration workflow, deployment of software through production, and monitoring of software in production
- Support application infrastructure to ensure the OneTrust platform is optimized for performance and reliability
- Maintain automation that powers our cloud-based product deployments and auto-scaling with zero downtime and the ability to easily rollback
- Respond to and troubleshoot issues identified by monitoring and alerting metrics that are actionable
- Participate in development of new technologies that will shape continuous integration and testing
- Perform and automate system administration services including installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster recovery
- Identify system level issues related to OS configuration and virtual hardware bottlenecks
- Identify emergent issues that indicate scalability and reliability problems, working with development and operations teams to help drive solutions
- Maintain SLA compliance
- Follow incident response protocol and provide hands-on troubleshooting during service interruptions - Perform Root Cause Analysis of service interruptions
- Automation, auditing, and other tooling for security, compliance, and resource usage - Monitor and improve processes for all deployments
Self-motivated and technically curious with strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to quickly identify trends and patterns and ability to identify root causes of problems and candidate solutions.
Your Experience Includes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- 8+ years of experience with software application development, support, and automation
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or an equivalent
- Strong distributed systems knowledge and web services design, implementation, and/or operation experience
- Hands on experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools (Jenkins or similar tools)
- Software design fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and performance analysis
- Experience in a public facing high-traffic production Web or Email Operations environment
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge in source code version control (git), branching, pull request and peer code review process.
- Knowledge in collecting distributed logs/events and automating triggers based on events (Elastic Stack or similar)
- Agile development (Scrum, XP, or Kanban) experience
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services (Azure, Google, or AWS)
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.