Data Platform Engineer
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we help businesses around the world to make trust a competitive advantage. Our category-defining enterprise platform enables organizations to operationalize trust across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics, and compliance, and ESG.
As a Data Platform Engineer - Platform, you will be working in our Business Technology Data and Analytics function to develop a sound data foundation and processes that will scale with the company’s growth. You will be the subject matter expert of managing all platform technology stack of the Enterprise Data & Analytics team. You will design and implement frameworks for data pipelines, enabling insights from our Product and Corporate Systems for key partners and decision makers at OneTrust. You would also be responsible for enhancing and maintaining our data warehouse in collaboration with business domain experts, analytics, and engineering teams.
This is a fun role for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems and can also look beyond immediate issues. It is for people who take the initiative to improve both our software and our development infrastructure. In short, we look for people who take pride in the craft and want to be part of creating and defining the team's operating model and contribution to the company. They will be a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and passionate about having a huge impact at OneTrust. If this role has your name written all over it, please contact us with a resume so that we explore further.
You will work closely with other team members like data architects and business analysts to understand what the business is trying to achieve, help to build best in class data platform solutions and architecture for scale.
- Partner with Data Engineers, Data architects, domain experts, data analysts and other teams to design and build data flow frame works in Snowflake using dbt/airflow/Fivetran/ELT tools
- Administration, Production Support and Maintain analytics technology ecosystem (data warehouse, ETL Tools)
- Build and automate AWS cloud native technologies, deploy applications, and provision infrastructure
- Leverage the right tools for the right job to deliver testable, maintainable, and modern data solutions
- Own and document data pipelines and data lineage
- Passion for continuous betterment (i.e. better workflows, automation, efficiency)
- Design, build and implement automation framework for scale that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- Identify, document and promote best practices
- Reduces technical debt over time with root cause identification and resolution of system problems
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of overall experience and 3+ years of experience with very large-scale data warehouse projects
- Very strong experience in SQL, knowledge of dimensional modeling, supporting data warehouse, scaling, optimizing and performance tuning ETL pipelines
- Strong experience in administration of databases, ETL tools and knowledge of basic Unix administration.
- Experience with Python and manipulation of various data formats for extraction and transformation
- Knowledge of ETL tool, Airflow is a big plus.
- Preferred: Prior experience with Snowflake, ETL/Integration tools administration (e.g. Informatica, Matillion, FiveTran)
- Experience with automating AWS cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Knowledge of microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Ability to work on multiple areas like Data pipeline ETL, Data modeling & design, writing complex SQL queries etc.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Hands-on experience with Data Warehouse technologies (Snowflake, Redshift) and Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be part of the OneTeam. That means you’ll receive support physically, mentally, and emotionally so that you can do your best work both in and out of the office. This includes comprehensive healthcare coverage, remote or hybrid workplace flexibility, flexible PTO, equity stock options, annual performance bonus opportunities, retirement account support, 14+ weeks of paid parental leave, career development opportunities, company-paid privacy certification exam fees, and much more. Specific benefits differ by country. For more information, talk to your recruiter or visit onetrust.com/careers.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.