Sr Security Engineer
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we help businesses around the world to make trust a competitive advantage. Our category-defining enterprise platform enables organizations to operationalize trust across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics, and compliance, and ESG.
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineering who will design, build, and maintain critical security infrastructure and controls in the OneTrust environment. These contributions will be key in the successful delivery of enterprise corporate services and customer facing solutions. This role will also be responsible for multiple ares of information security, not just a single area or solution
This role will design, build, and maintain critical security infrastructure and controls in the OneTrust environment
- Respond to security tickets that require engineering configuration changes or enhancements
- Assist in investigation and remediation of security incidents and issues
- Serve as Security Subject Matter Expert for Secure Cloud Infrastructure
- Provide input and feedback on cloud/hybrid security solutions
- Consult on and provide requirements for critical projects and initiatives
- Conduct POCs, and partner with vendors to determine the best solutions to meet OneTrust’s needs
- Implement new security solutions as project-based initiatives
- Effectively communicates to management and business stakeholders the status of projects and issues as they relate to Cloud Security
- Create documentation for security projects as part of project delivery
- Creates automation of procedures
- Revise documents and artifacts as tactics and techniques evolve to address new and emergent threats and trends
- Mentor other team members including security analysts and more junior engineers
Able to respond to security tickets that require engineering configuration changes or enhancements and assist in investigation and remediation of security incidents and issues. You can serve as Security Subject Matter Expert for Secure Cloud Infrastructure and provide input and feedback on cloud/hybrid security solutions.
- Deep background in all aspects of Security
- Knowledge of best practices in protecting information
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Keen attention to details, while keeping the big picture in mind
- Ability to work with no direct supervision
Your Experience Includes
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related subject
- 4+ years of security experience
- 3+ years cloud experience
- Understanding of information security best practices around confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Experience with Splunk or similar logging solution
- Experience with endpoint tools such as Crowdstrike, SentinelOne and traditional AV solutions
- Knowledge in Unix/Shell, Python, Golang, Rust, or PowerShell Scripting
- Experience using IaC (Infrastructure as Code) tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Strong organizational skills to excel in a complex and rapidly evolving environment
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services) or GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with Azure Active Directory
- Experience with Splunk SPL/ Microsoft KQL
- Experience with IDS/IPS, CASB (Cloud Access Security Broker), DLP (Data Loss Prevention) tools
- Experience with SASE solutions such as Zscaler, Netspoke, Palo Alto Prisma Access, or Cloudflare One
- Experience with Zero Trust networking
- Cloud and/or Security Certifications
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the company that built the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.
Check out the following to learn more about OneTrust and its people:
You have the right to have your personal data updated or removed. You also have the right to have a copy of the information OneTrust holds about you. Further details about these rights are available on the website in our Privacy Overview. You can change your mind at any time and have your personal data removed from our database. In order to do this you must contact us and let us know you wish to be removed. The request should be made on the Data Subject Request Form.