Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we help businesses around the world to make trust a competitive advantage. Our category-defining enterprise platform enables organizations to operationalize trust across privacy, security, data governance, GRC, third-party risk, ethics, and compliance, and ESG.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate senior-level Java Developer, to join a geographically distributed agile product team. Java Developers are responsible for new software application development and integration work, including modification and optimization of code with a focus on performance. This person will influence and execute the technical strategy and roadmap for products, making decisions on technologies that are robust and scalable.
- Design, develop and unit test applications deployed to MS Azure and assist with cloud application architecture using Core Java, REST, and the Spring ecosystem
- Achieve at least 80% code coverage for backend, or per the revised standards set by the team
- Build quality directly into the engineering processes and solutions through automated testing and test-driven development
- Lead and participate in the architectural design of features early in the development cycle
- Work with Product Owners to translate the roadmap features into management components/tasks, estimate timings and resources, suggest solutions, and identify possible risk
- Support the team to ensure all committed stories for the sprint are completed per the sprint goal
- Conduct peer reviews to improve code quality
- Help junior developers how to follow development testing, exploratory testing, AI testing and/or test automation
- Own your code in production, responding to incidents as they occur and participating in retros to determine how to be better in the future
- Work towards reducing total number of defects in the module/product to industry standards by catching and fixing issues early in development
- Resolve all critical and high-priority security defects in-sprint, or by the guidelines set by the SecOps team
- Help build high-performing teams, grow and mentor the technical skills within the team and create development opportunities for them
- Someone who understands the benefits of microservices, but also understands the challenges
- Comfortable collaborating closely with Product Managers and Designers
- Able to accomplish multiple sophisticated software development tasks with minimal direction
- A life-long learner – You remain engaged with the latest technology trends and understand operational challenges to continually evolve the application delivery process and platform components
- A team-player and enjoys collaboration. You are also self-directed and enjoy autonomy to manage your own schedule and workload
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- 10+ years of full software development lifecycle, with experience in Agile development (Scrum, XP, Pair Programming)
- Experience with cloud application development (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon Web Services)
- Advanced knowledge of Core Java, REST, and the Spring ecosystem, familiarity with Spring Boot or Spring Cloud.
- Highly proficient at writing robust software for large-scale web applications in a dynamic environment with rapid release cycles
- Highly proficient with web services (e.g. RESTful services)
- Proficient in using test automation framework, code quality tools and performance analysis tools
- Proficient in Test-Driven Development (TDD) with JUnit, Mockito, Podam
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment - DevOps mindset
- Experience leading distributed teams
- Proficient in coaching/guiding/influencing others on software engineering processes and practices (TDD, BDD, Agile) to build high quality products
- Experience with ELK Stack and MongoDB
- Familiarity with Automation tools including Cucumber and/or Selenium
- Experience developing enterprise B2B software products
- Experience working in a similar industry to OneTrust
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.