Principal DevOps Engineer
Strength in Trust
Imagine being part of an organization dedicated to unlocking the potential of every company to thrive while championing what's good for both people and the planet. At OneTrust, we leverage cutting-edge technology and a pragmatic approach to privacy, GRC (governance, risk management, and compliance), ethics, and ESG (environmental, social, and governance) to create a straightforward platform that amplifies the global push for Trust Intelligence.
Trust serves as the bedrock of every successful business, and OneTrust delivers the technology that empowers you to transform the promise of trust into reality. We recognize and reward top talent with competitive total packages, including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with matching contributions.
We are hiring a Principal DevOps Engineer who will manage development and production environments. This person will contribute to productizing new software by developing installation, deployment and maintenance scripts.
To develop and maintain an understanding of the software development and deployment pipeline - including continuous integration workflow, deployment of software through production, and monitoring of software in production
- Support application infrastructure to ensure the OneTrust platform is optimized for performance and reliability
- Maintain automation that powers our cloud-based product deployments and auto-scaling with zero downtime and the ability to easily rollback
- Respond to and troubleshoot issues identified by monitoring and alerting metrics that are actionable
- Participate in development of new technologies that will shape continuous integration and testing
- Perform and automate system administration services including installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster recovery
- Identify system level issues related to OS configuration and virtual hardware bottlenecks
- Identify emergent issues that indicate scalability and reliability problems, working with development and operations teams to help drive solutions
- Maintain SLA compliance
- Follow incident response protocol and provide hands-on troubleshooting during service interruptions - Perform Root Cause Analysis of service interruptions
- Automation, auditing, and other tooling for security, compliance, and resource usage - Monitor and improve processes for all deployments
Self-motivated and technically curious with strong analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to quickly identify trends and patterns and ability to identify root causes of problems and candidate solutions.
Your Experience Includes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- 8+ years of experience with software application development, support, and automation
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or an equivalent
- Strong distributed systems knowledge and web services design, implementation, and/or operation experience
- Hands on experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools (Jenkins or similar tools)
- Software design fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and performance analysis
- Experience in a public facing high-traffic production Web or Email Operations environment
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge in source code version control (git), branching, pull request and peer code review process.
- Knowledge in collecting distributed logs/events and automating triggers based on events (Elastic Stack or similar)
- Agile development (Scrum, XP, or Kanban) experience
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services (Azure, Google, or AWS)
- Experience working with in an agile B2B enterprise environment
- Previous experience writing code or scripts in Java, Python, Perl and/or Ruby
- Experience working with distributed teams across geos
Check out the following to learn more about this role:
- About the team
- Why should you join the team
- Advice from a DevOps Engineer
- What makes OneTrust unique
- What does the team do?
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Explore a new country with our short- and long-term global mobility program, and go green with commuter program discounts, and in-office perks (free food, drinks, and happy hours, anybody?).
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the #1 fastest growing company on the 2020 Inc. 500 and the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.