Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we exist to unlock every company's potential to thrive by doing what's good for people and planet. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for Trust Intelligence.
As a principal engineer, you will be responsible for solving larger problems and taking somewhat vague problems into a set of actionable items. You will need to understand the problem, the business impact and see how it can be improved. It might require you to design new systems, change existing ones
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the software development and deployment pipeline - This includes initial software architecture and development, the continuous integration workflow, deployment of software through production.
- Design, build, document and maintain automation that powers our cloud-based product deployments and auto-scaling with zero downtime and the ability to easily rollback.
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Participate in full development life cycle including requirements analysis and design.
- Support application infrastructure to ensure the OneTrust platform is optimized for performance and reliability.
- Build and maintain supporting infrastructure for cloud environments through an “infrastructure as code” methodology.
- Perform and automate system administration services including installation, configuration, maintenance, and disaster recovery.
- Identify emergent issues that indicate scalability and reliability problems, working with development and operations teams to help drive solutions.
- Identify system level issues related to OS configuration and virtual hardware bottlenecks.
- Manage incident response protocol and provide hands-on direction during service interruptions - Assist with Root Cause Analysis of service interruptions and maintain SLA.
- Automation, auditing, and other tooling for security, compliance, and resource usage - Monitor and improve processes for all deployments.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze business needs to determine technical requirements. Consult with end users to prototype, refine solutions to meet needs.
- Scoping and estimate key project.
- Conduct peer reviews.
- Contribute to sprint planning and participate in daily scrums, sprint retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Mentor other engineers to deliver quality work.
- Has mastered development best practices. Understands the limits of our systems and when a problem that exceeds those limits deserves the effort of major upgrade/retooling.
- Understands the scope and relationships of large features and production stack for their area. Has subject matter expertise on multiple components.
- Has a strong understanding of all modules/services relevant to own areas of expertise.
- Performs expert programming tasks. Handles large-scale technical debt and refactoring. Shapes coding methodologies and best practices.
- Participates in code reviews and can sign-off on large features. Can sign off on test plans.
- Given a large, poorly understood problem, can explore the solution space (possibly with numerous POCs) to determine correct course of action.
- Participates in and supports initiatives outside of main area of responsibility.
- Provides technical leadership for projects including 1–2 individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 7-10 years of experience as Software Developer, Systems Engineer, or DevOps Engineer
- Technical / project lead, architecture, and other experience desired.
- Working on Enterprise Product development with Microservice architecture
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Docker, Chef, Terraform, or an equivalent
- Hands on experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools (Jenkins or similar tools)
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, Google, or AWS)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Hands on experience with coding and scripting (Java, Python, Bash, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge in source code version control (git), branching, pull request and peer code review process.
- Strong distributed systems knowledge and web services design, implementation, and/or operation experience
- Software design fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and performance analysis
- Knowledge in collecting distributed logs/events and automating triggers based on events (Elastic Stack or similar)
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment, and able to adapt effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- High technical and/or technological competence
- Understands and can explain the big picture.
- Effective communication & coaching skills
- Self-directed, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks for self and their team
- Proactive, flexible, result-driven, with a “can do” attitude.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- Hands on experience managing teams and projects
- Hands on experience of Continuous Integration and Development
- Hands on experience with Azure Cloud services
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Kubernetes
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.