Senior Director, Assistant General Counsel, Global Partnerships (Remote)
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we exist to unlock every company's potential to thrive by doing what's good for people and planet. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for Trust Intelligence.
We are looking for someone who is resourceful, action-oriented, and tech-savvy. This position will rely heavily on your ability to adeptly manage multiple, competing priorities and problem solve in a fast-paced environment. You are organized, work effectively across all levels, possess great communication skills, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of talented individuals.
- Handle a wide range of commercial agreements including drafting, negotiating, and reviewing and advising on B2B SaaS reseller, subscription agreements, strategic partnership agreements, online terms and conditions, professional services, consulting, non-disclosure agreements, DPAs, procurement contracts and other agreements as needed.
- Act as a trusted advisor and strategic partner to OneTrust's global partner and procurement teams; providing business savvy advice on contracts, transactions and initiatives and aligning closely with business leaders to provide collaborative consultation to drive business results.
- Collaborate with counterparties such as partners and vendors on contract negotiations to enable business success.
- Collaborate with OneTrust's Operations teams on procurement, compliance and controls, helping the company scale and mature responsibly.
- Develop and support the ongoing improvement of templates, playbooks, and related contracting tools and processes to improve efficiency and maturity of OneTrust's contracting functions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in processes, tools, templates, policies, training, knowledge management, risk, compliance, or other related areas to ensure the efficiency and velocity of customer, partner and vendor contracting. Help scale, design, and implement those improvements, and generally drive development of company policies, processes and procedures to help support a rapidly growing global business.
- Provide training to business stakeholders across the company, including educating them on legal and compliance issues.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, including with Product, Sales, Marketing, People, Security, Finance, Support, Deal Desk, and Privacy, to provide practical and decisive guidance to support OneTrust's acceleration of revenue generation and reduction of risk.
- Negotiate fair and market standard terms for confidential information, indemnification, liability, proprietary rights, security and data privacy.
- Have ownership and oversight of partner contract negotiations, making significant decisions regarding legal and compliance risks. Provide time-sensitive, practical legal and contracting advice to internal stakeholders on contract interpretation, risks and appropriate resolution strategy.
- Conduct legal analysis and proactively recognize potential legal and compliance issues.
- Support the risk management function and regulatory compliance, including identifying and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage and assist with special projects.
- An excellent communicator with all levels of an organization, including executive leadership
- An excellent project manager and able to take ownership of stakeholders and solutions
- Assertive and able to negotiate complex legal transactions
- Able to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Your experience includes:
- Strong technology background and experience with B2B / Enterprise SaaS products and SaaS transactional work.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment is required, you can prioritize responsibilities and deadlines for multiple projects and drive them to conclusion.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity, with excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- 12+ years law practice in a law firm or in-house corporate legal department
- A minimum of 8 years of technology transactional experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence across multiple businesses and legal functions.
- Comfortable working independently, adhering to established process, and able to recognize when you need guidance, and when to accommodate the business with flexibility.
- Thrives in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Excited to drive contracts to closure and comfortable partnering with clients in sales, where you will work on multiple deals at the same time while meeting tight deadlines.
- Familiar with SaaS and related technology areas, including privacy and intellectual property.
- Operational experience with contract life cycle management systems, procedures, processes, and tools.
- Experience servicing as a primary point-of-contact and strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally & build enduring partnerships
- Licensed to practice law and have earned a JD with current State bar admission in the U.S.
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the company that built the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career.
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, and Washington-based candidates: the annual base pay range for this role is listed below. Within this range, individual pay is determined by several factors, including location, job-related skills, work experience, and relevant education and/or training. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses, equity, and/or commissions, as well as benefits.