Principal Data Engineer (Data Discovert/Insights)
Strength in Trust
At OneTrust, we exist to unlock every company's potential to thrive by doing what's good for people and planet. Using cutting-edge technology and a real-world approach to privacy, GRC, ethics, and ESG, we’ve created a no-nonsense platform to help supercharge the global push for Trust Intelligence.
Data Engineer role is critical to enables vast amounts of data into valuable insights that drive business growth and innovation. At One Trust we have to process large amount of Data across several customers, the data pipelines and systems built by Data Engineers provide the foundation for data analytics and business intelligence. Without these systems, data would be siloed, making it difficult or impossible to draw insights and make data-driven decisions.
- Design and implement data storage solutions (e.g. databases, data warehouses)
- Build and maintain data pipelines for extracting, transforming, and loading data
- Develop and maintain ETL processes to ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Collaborate with data scientists, analysts, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs and design effective solutions
- Monitor and maintain data quality, performance, and security
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology and industry trends in data engineering
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Data engineering certification is a plus
- 10+ years of experience in data engineering or a related field
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python, or a similar programming language
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and techniques
- Experience with data management tools and technologies such as Databricks, Snowflake, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
As an employee at OneTrust, you will be a part of the OneTeam. That means equity, bonuses, unlimited PTO, and 100% paid medical benefits (and that’s just the beginning!).
Our employee rewards philosophy spans mental, physical, and emotional well-being because we want our people to succeed both in and out of the office. Some benefits differ depending on region, but here’s what you can expect from our OneTeam Total Rewards Program:
- Competitive Compensation: We offer top pay for top talent with competitive total packages including equity for all, performance bonuses, and retirement savings with match. We’re also committed to fair and equitable pay practices.
- Workstyle Flexibility: At home or in the office, we trust you to get the job done. Our people have the option to work in the office, fully remote, or a hybrid based on their role. Go green with commuter program discounts and in-office perks.
- Career Development: You’re not just joining any company; you’re joining the category-defining software platform for trust. You can become an expert and earn industry certifications with training and exams paid for by us and access to our learning & development program and guest speaker series.
- Employee Recognition: We celebrate our accomplishments the best way we know how – together. Our people are invited to attend employee appreciation social events (including our awesome annual holiday party), participate in ticket giveaways for local city events based on your home office location, and celebrate one another through our #CheersforPeers channel.
- Focus on Wellbeing: Take the vacation or volunteer - we have unlimited PTO globally. You’ll also have access to ClassPass memberships, generous company holidays and your birthday off, paid sick days, Employee Resource Groups (or, as we call them, Employee Trust Groups), and other ways to get connected or support company diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Health Benefits: No package is complete without great health benefits. This role may receive company-paid employee healthcare premiums, parental leave, and access to mental health benefits and employee assistance programs. Specific benefits differ by location, so please check with your recruiter to specify what this role will receive.
Our Commitment to You
When you join OneTrust you are stepping onto a launching pad — the countdown has begun. The destination? A career without boundaries working alongside a diverse and inclusive crew who is passionate about doing meaningful work. As a pioneer, your voice and expertise will help chart the direction of an entirely new industry — Trust. Our commitment to putting people first starts with you. Your growth is part of the mission. Our goal is to give you the power to embark on the next phase of your uniquely, unique career
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.