one • fıve
As a Material Scientist, you will review and analyse technologies to identify, develop and oversee a tailor-made sustainable packaging solution for our customers.
This role reports to Lucio D’Andrea, Head of Research & Development, and has key stakeholder relationships with team members throughout the company and occasionally external customers and business partners.
Given the remote first nature of our team, this role can be based anywhere in Europe, but you will need to be available to travel to the Holm based facility at least monthly, and partner locations primarily within Europe (as required).
How you'll help build one
- fıve Evolve technology solutions from initial design through development, testing and scale
- Design validation - create comprehensive test plans and protocols to validate product designs. Define testing criteria and acceptance criteria for product performance.
- Data collection & analysis - collect and analyse test data to evaluate product performance and identify areas for improvement. Generate reports summarising test results and make recommendations for design enhancements.
- Quality Assurance - work closely with teams to ensure that products meet quality standards and regulatory requirements. Address any non-conformities or deviations found during testing.
- Learning - ensure that we are up to date on new technologies and sustainable materials standards.
- Documentation - maintain detailed records of testing procedures, results and any changes made to product design. Ensure all documentation is organised and accessible.
- Continuous improvement - continuously seek opportunities to enhance testing methodologies and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Troubleshooting - identify and troubleshoot technical issues during the testing process, working to find timely solutions to maintain project timelines.
- Testing - support Material Science Lab in testing and logging prototypes within laboratory and pilot tests. Overseeing and supporting at trials, in-house and with external partners, when needed.
- Master of Science in Material Science or related areas and driven by contributing to improving the sustainability profile of packaging materials
- Optimally experience with polymer science and surface chemistry
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience in applied Material Science
- Ideally several years working in a commercial platform business
- Ambitious in organising and coordinating the overall project plan from initial idea to final implementation
- Persistent in designing and conducting trials to generate data that allow us to develop better and faster for the future
- Enjoy collaborative and information sharing environment and have a challenging mindset
- Fluency in English, as this is our working language
- Fluency in German, a bonus, to speak with customers and external partners occasionally
- fıve values
- Duty to care: care for yourself, your colleagues, your work, our offices, and ultimately, our planet
- Create with intent: work with a goal in mind. Ask yourself what you are trying to achieve and constantly evaluate whether your current path is the best way to achieve this goal
- Acknowledge the process: we celebrate our failures and successes together, and keep iterating to improve
- Transparency: all knowledge is accessible to everyone
We want you to know what to expect out of your candidate experience with us and make this as much as possible a two sided process, allowing you to get to know us as well.
Once submitted, your CV will be reviewed by the People team, and shortlisted for interviews.
Everyone will be contacted to find out the outcome of their application.
There will be four interview stages, starting with an introduction call with Talent Partner - to share more about one.five and how we work & find out how that meets your experience and expectations of the role.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are very proud of the culture we have built to support diversity & inclusion and will do everything we can to continue to be an inclusive company where all team members are comfortable, supported and empowered to succeed.
We seek to ensure that all employees are afforded equal opportunities and treatment, irrespective of any qualifier, in all aspects of recruitment, employment, training and determination of benefits.
For sake of clarity, all team members and candidates will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you require any accommodations for the interview process, please include them in your application or in scheduling requests for a first call.
Protecting our planet by developing materials for clean & closed material loops.