Senior Developer Relations
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Developer Relations to join our fast growing AI Startup. As a key proponent of innovative technology, your mission will be to elevate the visibility of MindsDB and elucidate its benefits to a broad spectrum of the technical and developer community.
We are looking for someone who enjoys performing live on stage via webinars and recorded content. You get excited by AI and new technologies.
You will have experience as a developer in a previous role, have a knack for converting complex ideas in an easy to digest manner and if needed you can get into the weeds technically to provide the best developer experience. You’ll be great at talking but also able to listen and read between the lines to understand what our users want and need.
Our ideal candidate for this role should have a background in engineering and software development, proficiency in Python and knowledge of the ML community -- either through attending events, collaborating on open source software, or supporting users online. It also helps to have proven success in helping other developers to build reliable and scalable applications.
You will act as the liaison between the developers that are using MindsDB and the product team that is building the solution. We are looking for a Senior Developer Relations to help us deliver the best product possible for developers as we continue to scale.
This is a hybrid role in the Bay Area - we are looking for a candidate able to come into the office a few days/week.
- Help build and nurture an inclusive, vibrant developer community around our platform. This may include organizing meetups, conferences, webinars, and other events in our office and potentially around the US/world.
- Research the most appropriate US and worldwide events for MindsDB to attend.
- Submit ‘Requests for Speakers” and White Papers for Speaking slots at conferences.
- Work with developer influencers (Social media, bloggers and video creators) to produce and promote content. Some examples in the past are Langchain, MariaDB, lamaIndex, Snowflake, Singlestore etc.
- Be an active member of our community (Slack & Github)
- Be a champion of both MindsDB, Open Source and Developers in general.
- Create Technical Content as blogs and video tutorials.
- Develop strategies and programs to engage our developer community and increase the usage and adoption of MindsDB.
- 4+ Years previous experience in a developer relations, technical evangelist, or similar role is a must. AND
- 3+ years as a developer
- Highly technical
- Proven experience in nurturing startup ecosystems, particularly in building and growing teams and community engagements, backed by measurable metrics.
- Demonstrable experience in working with startups, emphasizing the ability to adapt to the evolving needs and growth trajectories of such environments.
- Confident Public Speaker - Keynote speaker experience at major technical events.
- Great track record of presenting at events and/or via YouTube, Webinars, or Live Streams.
- WIlling to Travel (up to 40%)
- The ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems as they arise.
- Genuine passion and interest in AI and LLMs.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with SQL
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience managing a team
- Regular contributions to Open Source Software
- Experience as an AI focused developer advocate
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Remote and Hybrid Roles
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive Compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- New Hire Remote Setup budget
- Learning & Development budget
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (US only)
- Monthly Wellbeing Budget
- Monthly (virtual) team events
- International in-person company retreats
- Wellbeing/Mental Health leave