Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Rethink what you’re capable of with kevin.
Are you ready to make fundamental change and do something radical? We’re rebuilding payments how they always should have been – at pace. So whatever your experience, you’ll use it in ways you never have before. We’re pioneers who embrace uncertainty to do things no one has before. At kevin., you’ll create first-of-a-kind breakthrough solutions alongside other highly skilled people from many industries and backgrounds. We need people who take ownership and build with freedom. You’re the expert in what you do, so we won’t limit you with our expectations. If you bring courage and determination, we’ll surround you with other inspirational people and give you the freedom to exceed what you thought you were capable of. The opportunities at kevin. are unlike anywhere else. You just have to grab them and build your different.
As our new Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
We are looking for experts that are willing to advocate the best practices in software development and improve the day-to-day of kevin.’s developers. SRE & Developer Experience team is part of the Platform Engineering organization and the main objective for our team is to enable others to perform their best. We are making sure that all the engineers in kevin. have access to the right tools and technologies.
You will be on the front of making technical decisions and sharing your knowledge with other engineers. You don’t need to worry about legacy code and you will be given freedom to try out any groundbreaking technology you think will suit us.
You will be working in the following areas:
- SRE - resilience, observability, best practices
- Logging, metrics & tracing
- Infrastructure (Kubernetes)
What you need to be successful:
- Experience in an SRE team (or working in a team with mature SLI/SLO understanding)
- Mid experience with backend development in Java/Kotlin or TypeScript.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of OOP principles, clean & good code design.
- Experience designing RESTful APIs, microservices.
- Knowledge of Messaging Queues (RabbitMQ, SNS/SQS).
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Familiar with testing best practices and JUnit.
Those will be considered a plus:
- Experience with a multi-region, HA infrastructure
- Experience with CockroachDB
Reward and benefits - What’s on offer at kevin.:
We only hire the very best talent from across Europe and beyond. It’s a competitive landscape so our salaries and benefits are equally competitive. Our comprehensive benchmarking means our remuneration for this role ranges from €5700 to €7000, based on your experience and competence, but if you’ve got something extra-special to bring to the table, let’s talk!
For many people, the most valuable benefit of working at kevin. is the opportunity to make fundamental change, create first times and build with freedom as part of the team creating a world of payment possibilities. Alongside this, we have a range of financial, non-financial and cultural benefits on offer.
- Competitive salary (Routinely benchmarked against latest industry data)
- Private Health Insurance
- Additional vacation plus local public holidays
- Up to 90 days per year of working from anywhere in the world
- Fantastic opportunities for progression and promotion as the business grows (25% of our employees were promoted in the last 12 months)
- Future stock option opportunities based on individual and business performance
- Work on cutting-edge technologies with the latest tools and modern tech stack
- Apple MacBook and accessories
- Travel insurance for use when travelling for business purposes
- Subsidised secure parking*
- Free on-site gym*
- Free lunch, snacks, and hot/cold drinks*
- Sports and social activities, including free tennis lessons*
- Global company events
- Work with experts from across Europe and beyond
- Be part of a diverse and multinational business with 30+ nationalities
*Benefits may vary by location.
kevin. is the payments reset no one saw coming. We exist to free partners from the pains of legacy payments, so we can build a world of payment possibilities together. We’ve rebuilt the infrastructure to make transactions more direct, efficient, and secure – for digital and physical sales. Our first-of-a-kind payments scheme changes the game for businesses without changing the way people pay – even in-store.
Our multi-tenant payments acceptance network is white-label, brand-agnostic, and free from intermediaries. It gives partners sole control of their payments so they can unlock more value with new services, better conversion, and strengthened customer loyalty. We’re experts from many places working with regulators, banks, payments services providers, and major retailers to build a world of payment possibilities together. Rethink what you’re capable of with kevin.
kevin. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.